Trickle charger recommendations?

Hello. I’m having to replace another Schumacher trickle charger that barely lasted two years. Im convinced that company is all Chinese junk that doesn’t last like they did a few decades ago. I need one for my zero turn and a double one for my truck and tractor. I’m thinking Noco looks like a decent brand, but I’d like one that’s gonna last longer. Any suggestions on what brands are gonna hold up? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I had a CTEK for years and loved it.
When I went to replace it, I got a case of sticker shock.
Ended up getting a deal on the 2A NOCO.
It is on its third year, and so far, I have been happy with it.

I’ll look them up, thank you.
I had a CTEK for years and loved it.
When I went to replace it, I got a case of sticker shock.
Ended up getting a deal on the 2A NOCO.
It is on its third year, and so far, I have been happy with it.
yeah, I just was looking and boy howdy they’re proud of their stuff.

now off the cell phone, using my laptop

all 3 of my Schumacher chargers quit, but the green lights were on. And my batteries ruined completely dead. If you have one, get out your voltmeter and check, often. As far as another brand, no advice for you. Given the cost of batteries, the cteck is a bargain if reliable.

Rod

Sorry for your bad luck with Schumacher. I’ve had two of their 1.5 maintainers for 20 years and a 30 year old Schumacher dumb charger, and all have been flawless. An SC1355 stays on my motorcycle, and has for years.

Sorry for your bad luck with Schumacher. I’ve had two of their 1.5 maintainers for 20 years and a 30 year old Schumacher dumb charger, and all have been flawless. An SC1355 stays on my motorcycle, and has for years.
I recall my dad had an older one for decades which is why I bought my first one. Been thru three of the newer ones in just less than 6 years.

I had 2 1A Nocos; I recommend a higher amp model. Now I use one from Costco, 4.5A I think. It looks like the classic Battery Tender, but I think it is a different brand. So far so good.

I have two Battery Tender Jr's. One is around 14 years old and the other maybe over 20 years old. One of them has been permanently installed in my engine bay and has been exposed to all sorts of heat, cold, and vibration for the past five years, and near-daily use during winters. I haven't had a single problem with them.

Back