Tree (Pine) Sap - how do I remove it .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the hood of a 9yr old, but well cared for vehicle. Truck has been waxed every 3 mnths for 9yrs.

Started a new job and had to park in the last available parking spot - directly under a tree
pat2.gif
- my fear was realized, the whole hood is covered in sap.

Any ideas??

Zaino ZPC cleaner will melt tar- Over the Counter stuff to try- Vinager/Isopropyl Alcohol/Goof Off/Mineral Spirits/Detailing Clay with Lube

Quote:

Over the Counter stuff to try- Vinager/Isopropyl Alcohol/Goof Off/Mineral Spirits/Detailing Clay with Lube

Yup, gotta be willing to try a few products to see what works. No one product will do it all.

Sometimes sap deposits act as a magnifying glass and permanently damage the paint or clearcoat underneath. Focus on removing the above-surface deposit first then see what condition the paint is.

Good luck!

Bug&Tar Remover, but like others said, you need to do it ASAP. If you let it get baked on the sun, it can permanently damage the paint.

While this sounds a bit unusual, I tried it and it was about the easiest and only thing that actually worked:
Spit and Purell hand sanitizer.
Rub that magic combo in small circles with a cotton cloth and the pine sap comes right off. Rewax the spots you clean.
thumbsup.gif

Well, apparently, I have so much wax on the hood - least that's the only thing I can think of; cause the sap washed right off. All I did was spray down the hood with a garden hose, while two pots of water were boiling on the stove.

Someone mentioned using hot water, so I was going to try that first, but didn't have to.

Got her completely cleaned up, no remanents of sap anywhere.

Thanks a bunch - obviously it pays to wax religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back