Treating Ethanol Free Gas?

hi,
i have gone exclusively to using pri-g because as always i can't get to all my small equipment and vehicles at my age and inevitabably something always get left with fuel in it. It could be the amount of work, could be the weather, could be the age and health but When this happens i have had better luck in getting said equipment going when treated with the pri-g, this is only anecdotal i have no proof but i have been using it for about 10 years now.
I decided to avoid pri-g as I felt some of there claims were wildly false. The claim of theirs saying they could restore old gas. (At least one of their claims a few years ago). I asked Chevron tech support if that was possible and they said short of re-refining it was not possible as the gas had gone through chemical changes.

Keeping the gas from going bad is the way go. I am down in DE with no E0 at gas pumps. My boat is my bigger concern especially since I have gone though a summer with engine issues. So it got in the water but no farther than the dock.

I was told that for my boat with a 125 gallon tank that even though it's more expensive, that marine Stabil is better than Star Tron.

yes, keep it from going bad is the way to go and rotating fuel but in case if you have any fuel that is going to last a long time, I think pri-g is the better of the stuff out there to keep it from doing that but I would keep retreating it every year and sloshing it. once gas goes to turpentine or what ever it breaks down to, it's too far gone.

PRI-G_Fuel_Stabilizer_02.jpg

all of the ingredients that are in pri-g, do what is stated on this label. i don't see any outrageous claims on there.

I’m curious to know what the significance of this practice is? What are the benefits?

Just my $0.02
It used to be more of an issue when gas tanks were freely vented. The tank would "breathe" as temperature changes from hot to cold to hot and the water vapor in the air would condense in the gas tank. If left for a while, water would collect and spoil the fuel or rust the gas tank (which happens to many motorcycles left in storage for a long time). Now days, the fuel systems on cars are sealed and this is less of an issue.

I decided to avoid pri-g as I felt some of there claims were wildly false. The claim of theirs saying they could restore old gas. (At least one of their claims a few years ago). I asked Chevron tech support if that was possible and they said short of re-refining it was not possible as the gas had gone through chemical changes.

Keeping the gas from going bad is the way go. I am down in DE with no E0 at gas pumps. My boat is my bigger concern especially since I have gone though a summer with engine issues. So it got in the water but no farther than the dock.

I was told that for my boat with a 125 gallon tank that even though it's more expensive, that marine Stabil is better than Star Tron.
I have used Chevron multi for years because it’s a stabilizer + Techron and very concentrated
(Boats and OPE)

I have a 22 year old Honda mower than has never had anything but regular pump gas in it except on the last mow of the year I run a tank of Tru-Fuel 4 cycle gas (or similar) in it before I put it away for the winter.

I've never used any gas treatments and I've never had any fuel related issues. In fact I've never done anything to the mower but replace worn out wheels and a cable for the self propel clutch. And of course regular oil changes.

I currently have CRC in play in my gas cans. I'm going to try the Pri-g next. I have at least 4 5 gallon cans stored in two locations for OPE use.
I'm long done with Stabil, I've used Sierra in the past with no issues. I keep at least 2 5 gallon motocross cans full for extra gas for my one gen. set at all times with the gen. set full ready to go. Yearly fuel rotation, just burn it off in the truck. E0 gas also.
With 2 houses and double the OPE I need action when I pull a recoil rope, especially at the vacation place, and carb cleaning is not my hobby anymore with at least a dozen engines in my care.

PRI-G_Fuel_Stabilizer_02.jpg

all of the ingredients that are in pri-g, do what is stated on this label. i don't see any outrageous claims on there.
Engines perform better and last longer
Engine power increased and fuel economy realized
Fuel system and engine deposits prevented
Phase separation inhibited for E-10
Fuel stays fresh and ready to use
Degraded fuel is restored to freshness
Hesitation, knocking, and pinging reduced

#6 - degraded fuel restored to freshness. Chevron says this can't be done by any additive. I believe Chevron over PRI.

Engines perform better and last longer
Engine power increased and fuel economy realized
Fuel system and engine deposits prevented
Phase separation inhibited for E-10
Fuel stays fresh and ready to use
Degraded fuel is restored to freshness
Hesitation, knocking, and pinging reduced

#6 - degraded fuel restored to freshness. Chevron says this can't be done by any additive. I believe Chevron over PRI.

I have never used a fuel additive that improved performance or increased engine power.

I have no idea how degraded fuel which mainly occurs through oxidation and evaporation of more volatile components can be fixed by an additive. At best you might add back some of the volatiles that were lost (but looking at the MSDS of most of these products don't seem to support that) and none of them are going to reverse oxidative processes.

At best you might add antioxidant compounds that might slow down oxidation, but aren't going to reverse it after the fact.

Back