Trasmission: To flush or not to flush???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repair engine vacuum leaks $40.00
Vacuum hose 45.95

Seems like a lot for vacuum hose?? Is it made of Gold?

Did they hook up the PCV valve hose and route the brake booster hose somewhere else?

Never go back to that shop again........

Could have been a bad vacuum hose that was molded in a specific shape or has a special boot on the end. Could have been sourced from the dealer.
wink.gif

I agree the price is high, and I'm just offering a possible sugguestion as to why.
thumbsup2.gif

Vacuum hose on a seventies-vintage Camaro is about as generic as it gets. The last I bought was about $1/ft. I realize parts markup is commonly 100%, but there is still no way they put 23 feet of hose on that car. 3 or 4, maybe.

I did frequent flushes on a very tired 700R4 trans in an 86 Caprice I had when I used to work in a dealership. Because I had access to cheap fluid and a hoist I did it every 10k or so, drove it a lot of hard miles for about 3 yrs and the trans never failed, just slipped on the 1-2 shift the whole time I had it. I'm pretty sure it was the original fluid in it when I did the first change at around 120k miles.

I've done complete flushes on this and several other old cars and never had a trans fail on me yet, knock on wood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back