Trappist Ales

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many styles of beer in the world but trappist ales seem to be among the finest I have ever tasted. From Chimay, the most widely available to the holy grail of beers Westvleteren 12, thank the monks for their great work.
cheers.gif

Those Belgians are crazy with their beer making, almost the opposite of the Germans. Good Stuff and it's very different.

Do you like any of the domestic belgian style ales, such as the beer New Belgium brewing makes?

These are beers to be sipped, with some really good food, and yes even cheese.

I've had a Westmalle Tripel with pork BBQ, steak, once with real Hunan food. Amazingly perfect combo.

Thanks....now I'm hungry AND thirsty.

Quote:

Those Belgians are crazy with their beer making, almost the opposite of the Germans. Good Stuff and it's very different.

Do you like any of the domestic belgian style ales, such as the beer New Belgium brewing makes?

The domestic Belgian copy cats are in the tradition of...not one and the same...I find New Belgium's Fat Tire to be too sweet!...But if like most Americans if you think Bud is beer, New Belgium is a good starting point...If you want the real deal Chimay and others are where it's at!...

Quote:

I would like,(LOVE) to try one the New Belgian Ales but they are not available here in Maryland.
cheers.gif

Yea, I like Ommegang it's a fine ale and from Victory brewing Co.
I like Golden Monkey,(just had one) but neither are of the class of any Trappist ale. The monks of Rochefort for example brew some chocolate tasting ales that are second to none.

Achel Extra is among the the very best Trappist ales available in the USA if you get a chance to taste this rich dark liquid don't pass it up. At 9.5% it is strong so be carefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back