Transmission cooler towing 8500# with f150

Do not bypass the oe cooler in the radiator.
My reason for wanting to bypass the oe in-radiator cooler is that it's only a matter of time before that cooler pops creates a huge mess.
But I'm no longer planning to go thar route. I'll keep the in-radiator cooler and add the additional oe cooler for the tow package.
It's the easiest and least expensive option.

My reason for wanting to bypass the oe in-radiator cooler is that it's only a matter of time before that cooler pops creates a huge mess.
But I'm no longer planning to go thar route. I'll keep the in-radiator cooler and add the additional oe cooler for the tow package.
It's pretty uncommon for an in radiator cooler to leak

Not true. I have a 2009 F150 with the largest factory cooler available (OEM, FX-4 with HD towing) and have had zero trouble with it. I don't know anyone that has had trouble with an OEM cooler on an F-150.

Agree! (y)

Leed frame replaced

20230603_133555.jpg
20230604_111735.jpg

But the thing is there are alot of ultra light trailers around 5,000 pounds that are real nice-that are ideal for a half ton.

I have this one-

If one wants a dinette slide that's another 500 pounds.
Lol, I've got one of those sitting in the driveway too, waiting for the end of the month and our next scheduled trip.

Reactions: CKN
You could easily add the stock stacked plate cooler (4 channel) or better yet the stock middle east stacked plate cooler (10 channel) or aftermarket Raptor cooler to your truck with very little modification.

Here's an easy option with the input lines in the right places. Just add it in-line with the radiator cooler there now:

Stock Raptor/Middle East cooler:

Installation info:

Plenty of options that fit directly onto your truck in the stock location.

You’re saying add this and keep the orignal
In place also?

I swapped mine.

Back