Transmax: Import vs. High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be doing a drain and fill on the Hyundai Azera in the signature. Siphoned some out to check the condition and it seems a little burned out to me. I want to get the sp3 out of there. I am probably either going to use any ATF+4 or Castrol Transmax.

Anyways, for Transmax, are there any benefits with going with the normal Transmax Import over the High Mileage, other than the small price difference? My car only has 36k miles.

From the Castrol site, High Mileage:

-Additional seal conditioners help stop leaks
-Extra cleaning agents reduce varnish and deposit formation
-Protects against clutch wear and restores smooth shifting
-Newer cars will also benefit from Castrol Transmax High Mileage

Yeah, I guess I'd agree with using any ATF+4 in any auto tranny that required ATF+4 ATF or Hyundai/Mitsubushi SPIII ATFs as they all seem to be related.

I just read the Valvoline MaxLife site from the link provided from "UberxG" (I've read it before in the past) and it seems as though the ML is the "WONDER BOY ATF"!. With a couple of acceptions such as Type F and CVT's, MaxLife can be used in just about any auto tranny.

And from "most" of the testimonials here at Bob's, the MaxLife ATF really does "seem" to be compatable with other ATFs as Valvoline states that it is. And it's a Synthetic ATF !

I am currently using Castrol IMV in 3 Asian auto trannys and it's OK! I'm not sure that I like it in the very cold temps below the miles go on!

Originally Posted By: BigBuck

Anyways, for Transmax, are there any benefits with going with the normal Transmax Import over the High Mileage, other than the small price difference?

Anyone? Or is the Transmax High Mileage the fluid to go with for my situation?

The Transmax High Mileage can be used in your Azera. I still recommend the full synthetic ATF+4 over the Castrol. BTW, Hyundai transmissions are very picky about fluid level. Both of my Hyundai's read very high on the dipstick when cold. I have found that the best level for trouble free & consistent performance is just above the lower hot mark on the dipstick. Make sure to drive the car for at least 20 minutes to get the trans oil good and hot before taking the dipstick reading.

I do like the idea of using the true/proper ATF in your Hyundai Azera. I am a bit on the fence when it comes to IMV ATF's. It may be just me!

But, I guess that either will be fine and I'm not sure that anyone really quite knows if one is better than the other considering there is only 36K miles and no particular issues with the tranny.

But, other than the OE ATF in your tranny has discolored some, if you don't have any particular leaks or...not normal shifting in the tranny of your '07 Azera; still a newish vehicle, I'd use the IMPORT over the HM.

I don't think your tranny really needs a HM ATF unless you were experiencing more issues with the tranny. Then, a HM ATF may be in order along with a filter/screen change(pan drop)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back