transfer case fluid 273

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 02 ford f350 with the 273f transfer case last time i changed it I put in amsoil multi vehicle atf in it the red cap bottle stuff now it calls for the lv atf will pennzoil multi vehicle synthetic lv atf work I can get it for less than $6.00 a quart at the local napa or valvoline transfer case fluid ? My son has a 09 dodge same transfer case 273d and it still calls for the the same amsoil we used in mine don't understand the difference is this just a ford thing?

Nothing, hard to find amsoil around here would have to order the lv stuff and it's about 15.50 a quart plus shipping just thought I would try something else Just don't understand why ford changed there specs and dodge didn't,only have had the amsoil in there for about 20,000 miles just don't want to hurt anything by running the wrong fluid i guess some people had some blow up using the mercon v spec they had before so they changed the spec on it the amsoil Iam using says compatible with mercon v so I thought I would just change it to the lv they recommend now have not had any problems with it.

Regular mercon from the factory they quit making that then it went to mercon v then transfer case fluid x-12 now lv atf I would still like to run synthetic in it.

You don't need LV. Use the Amsoil you were using. I've been putting Dex/Merc in my F150 with part time case and change it every 40-50K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back