Trailer wheel bearing grease

Thoughts on Lucas X-TRA and RED N Tacky greases (or any other brands?) for use on a motorcycle pull behind trailer wheel bearings? Small trailer with 12" wheels.
New to trailers so any help is appreciated.

Lucas Red N Tacky is a good grease. You likely can't go wrong with it. I personally use High Performance Lubricants NLGI 1.5 aluminum complex grease.

m1-syn-grease-1lb-front.png

If you arent cleaning out the old grease first
make sure to check for signs of grease separation(due to incompatible bases)
before taking a long trip.

Someone will say M1 grease but no thanks too messy for me.

You can honestly just use any GC-LB grease you want. More importantly make sure you clean all the old grease out and fully repack the bearings. Also use the time they're out and clean to inspect for putting, corrosion, or any other issues.

I’ve use Lucas Red N Tacky for years on everything from my driveshaft on my truck, wheel bearings on my 36’ trailer and my Deere mower. I just recently bought Mystik JT6 red. It seems to be good as well.

Just my $0.02

Mystik JT-6 red is generally the easiest to get and at a very fair price. However, my pick would be Schaeffer 219. It doesn't (or didn't) carry the GC-LB rating but I have logged thousands of miles with it packed in trailer bearings. I actually have my stock trailer torn down right now for new bearings, seals and a brake inspection/adjustment. It will get packed with 219. I would say use it with confidence, rating or not.

I've been using Red N' Tacky in my jeep toter. It's on little 13'' wheels and weighs close to 6000 pounds with the Jeep on it. It's done many 500, 800 mile round trips on the highway at 65-70 MPH with the hubs spinning at higher speeds. Always cool to the touch!

Back