Tractor Supply And Dogs

TSC, Ace, Home Depot are all OK with dogs here. Both dogs like to go shopping but the blue one likes people but not other dogs and the red one is cautious with strangers of all species. We take them early.
IMG_0553.JPG

Some people seem to think Walmart is pet friendly as well, they don't even bother with the fake service dog vests. Employees do nothing.

They just built a new TSC in New Smtrna. Just saw an ad in the paper that they have a dog washing station in the back. We bought our dog a new collar and leash last time we were in. they seem to have a good selection of sizes.

We’ve taken ours to Orscheln, TSC, and Rural King. Didn’t know about Ace and Home Depot.

With Orscheln it worked out great because we didn’t know what size collar to get the puppy. Just carried him in and everybody loved him.

TSC, Ace, Home Depot are all OK with dogs here. Both dogs like to go shopping but the blue one likes people but not other dogs and the red one is cautious with strangers of all species. We take them early.
View attachment 35385

Some people seem to think Walmart is pet friendly as well, they don't even bother with the fake service dog vests. Employees do nothing.

Walmart employees go through training where they are told not to inquire what kind of a service animal a dog is. Be it a service animal for a blind person or a seizure prone person or whatever.

Walmart employees go through training where they are told not to inquire what kind of a service animal a dog is. Be it a service animal for a blind person or a seizure prone person or whatever.
When we were at WM a few weeks ago, a lady had a dog with a service harness. It wouldn’t even walk on the concrete floor, but meh.. it could have been one. Lol

You are undoubtedly correct. Nobody minds a service dog. A chihuahua in the shopping cart or a 50 lb dog on a leash with no obedience training or service vest (real or counterfeit) is a different story.

When we got the red puppy in 2018 the vet was adamant about staying away from unknown dogs until all shots done because of Parvo in the area so our only places to socialize around people were Ace and Home Depot and TSC. Mistake as even now at 2+ she's skittish.

I've been told some/many TSCs actually have a veterinarian that works 1-2 days a week for a few hours and you can get discount shots and similar stuff at TSC vs going to a real vet.

This is the program.

There are a few stores around here. I think the closest is in Napa Valley. That being said, enforcement of any no animals policy is quite lax around here. I'll see people carrying small dogs or even letting them walk on a leash, even if there's a sign out in front.

As for discount shots - a group of vets owns a couple of pet supply stores and have weekend clinics. The costs are extremely low - I understand almost at their own costs. When I got some pet meds years ago, the vet suggested getting the large dog size and then just splitting the pills into quarters because the costs were only slightly more. Also suggested using Advantage with just a half of the tube and then using the other half later. This was just more of a public service, but I believe they had a regular pet hospital somewhere else where they charged higher prices and had more services. All they did at the pet food store was shots and basic exams.

Back