TR-3 Resin Glaze Review

Anyone remember the Blue Corral three step system kit from the 50s and 60s.... Took all day but the end result was great....

From my experience, I haven't found much of the modern car chemicals to be all that better than the old school stuff except for REJEX. Rejex seems to last longer than most of the latest and greatest. There haven't been any new chemicals invented in the last 30-40 years that make new car care products that much better. I will say I love the Clay 2.0 though but that isn't chemical but a better designed product thanks to better engineering of whatever that black stuff is made of. It is mostly marketing BS! Just showing that an "old school" product can still hold its own these days.
I was a fan of Rejex for about 15 years, I still have a bottle, but in the past three or so years, it is clear there are superior ceramic and graphene products now. My own experience matches the testing results from ScottHD on youtube. And there are many spray on wipe off ceramic and graphene products that easily last 8 to 10 months and sometimes more.

I was a fan of Rejex for about 15 years, I still have a bottle, but in the past three or so years, it is clear there are superior ceramic and graphene products now. My own experience matches the testing results from ScottHD on youtube. And there are many spray on wipe off ceramic and graphene products that easily last 8 to 10 months and sometimes more.

Looks like Nufinish does very good...and a great value too.. if you believe the test...

Looks like Nufinish does very good...and a great value too.. if you believe the test...
I picked up a couple bottles on close out at AutoZone a month ago for $11 each, but have not tried it out yet. I still have Griots 3 and 1 ceramic spray to use up. He has tested Can Coat a couple times now and that stuff lasts a super long time. But it costs around $60 a can!

Reactions: hrv
First time using this stuff. Comes in a charcoal lighter fluid can! I thought this must mean it is heavy in petroleum distillates. Once I mashed the "push the dot" top my suspicions were confirmed. Very thick stuff. Much thicker than Old No. 7 Polish or NuFinish. I disregarded the instructions and applied it with a soft cloth all over the entire car then let try to a haze. I then took an old bath towel and cotton fiber towels and buffed it off. It went on very easy and came off very easy. It seemed to remove embedded contaminants pretty well. The finish was very slick. Much more so than Old No. 7. Since I finished up after nightfall it's hard to really tell about the shine but it seemed to have done a good job. We shall see about durability.
Wow that brings back memories of the late 70's. Did not know it was still around! I would not even consider using that based on the old technology and abrasiveness it has vs today's new clear coat paints. Also - you can't compare this to the No7 because No7 is more of a liquid gloss product not a polishing cleaner like TR3. But hey if it worked well that is all the matters - but you will have to wax afterwards for protection.

I picked up a couple bottles on close out at AutoZone a month ago for $11 each, but have not tried it out yet. I still have Griots 3 and 1 ceramic spray to use up. He has tested Can Coat a couple times now and that stuff lasts a super long time. But it costs around $60 a can!
I might pick up a bottle of Nufinish.. I remember seeing some in the clearance section a few days ago...Also they had there -20 windshield washer fluid jugs reduced to 1.25 per jug...might have to stock up..

Was at a local Walmart today and picked up two bottles of NuFinish ceramic spray for 5.00 eash on clearance. I will give it a try. Looks like the product is easy to use and holds up well. They also had the Quixx 00070 us Paint scratch remover kit on clearance for 5 bucks...I have used them in the past and have had good luck with the kit...Got 10 more jugs of -20 windshield washer fluid for 1.25 also on clearance...

Was at a local Walmart today and picked up two bottles of NuFinish ceramic spray for 5.00 eash on clearance. I will give it a try. Looks like the product is easy to use and holds up well. They also had the Quixx 00070 us Paint scratch remover kit on clearance for 5 bucks...I have used them in the past and have had good luck with the kit...Got 10 more jugs of -20 windshield washer fluid for 1.25 also on clearance...
The NuFinish Ceramic Spray is GARBAGE! I didn't video on facebook of me pouring it out in the garbage can so no poor bastard could find and use it dumpster diving. It smells, acts, and smears and streaks just like Rain-X. I lover the other Nufinish Spray but the so called Ceramic spray is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!

I wash my rides in a automatic tunnel wash and the flappers, cloth, bristles, etc murder whatever finish you apply. I just laugh at these lather, wipe and rinse tests. Do a car with all these different brands and drive that sucker through a commercial car wash and see how bad they all fair. No way they will last near as long as hand washing. Hey, once a year I'll wash at home and climb on a ladder and Clay 2.0 the roof panels and the rest of the vehicle but I usually use the commercial wash for weekly and monthly washings. Design a product that will bead or sheet water after 10 commercial washings and you will have my attention.

The NuFinish Ceramic Spray is GARBAGE! I didn't video on facebook of me pouring it out in the garbage can so no poor bastard could find and use it dumpster diving. It smells, acts, and smears and streaks just like Rain-X. I lover the other Nufinish Spray but the so called Ceramic spray is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!
Well I just tried it this afternoon and it applied fine and wiped off with no streaks and the paint looks great....will see how long it lasts. So far I am very pleased with the NuFunsih and the great price I got it for... Maybe you used too much of the spray per section. It does just take a spray or two for half of the hood....Sometimes more is not better...IMO

Probably why NuFinish discontinued their ceramic spray...its no longer sold. They have a newer graphene product that tests very well though. Appears to consistently last 8 to 10 months in multiple long term tests.

Last edited:
I wash my rides in a automatic tunnel wash and the flappers, cloth, bristles, etc murder whatever finish you apply. I just laugh at these lather, wipe and rinse tests. Do a car with all these different brands and drive that sucker through a commercial car wash and see how bad they all fair. No way they will last near as long as hand washing. Hey, once a year I'll wash at home and climb on a ladder and Clay 2.0 the roof panels and the rest of the vehicle but I usually use the commercial wash for weekly and monthly washings. Design a product that will bead or sheet water after 10 commercial washings and you will have my attention.
Hand washing does not nulify the testing protocol. While it may not be as tough as an automatic wash, the process is easily standardized, repeatable, and documented. Understand he has about 10 or more hoods he is running tests on and left out in his yard. They are constantly under sun, rain, and elements 24 hours a day. It simply is not practical for him to run a test where he can set all these hoods through a tunnel wash.

Well I just tried it this afternoon and it applied fine and wiped off with no streaks and the paint looks great....will see how long it lasts. So far I am very pleased with the NuFunsih and the great price I got it for... Maybe you used too much of the spray per section. It does just take a spray or two for half of the hood....Sometimes more is not better...IMO
Which version NuFinish, ceramic or graphene?

All NuFinish products are in orange packaging. :) Looks like a 10 to 11 month product
skip to 3:49
The newer graphene version seems to last about the same amount of time.

Mine is orange and says ceramic on the bottle...

Hand washing does not nulify the testing protocol. While it may not be as tough as an automatic wash, the process is easily standardized, repeatable, and documented. Understand he has about 10 or more hoods he is running tests on and left out in his yard. They are constantly under sun, rain, and elements 24 hours a day. It simply is not practical for him to run a test where he can set all these hoods through a tunnel wash.
Mount them on a trailer and pull them through!:p:rolleyes:;)

Mount them on a trailer and pull them through!:p:rolleyes:;)
Amusing, but impractical. As I said, he's running at least 10 or more tests at one time, each is on a different time table and requires weekly washing and must be rotated as well to ensure even exposure to the weather. That is all assuming he even has an automatic wash facility near him. But probably most important in this discusssion, is ScottHD runs a detailing service and between him and most of his viewers, I would imagine very few use an automatic wash like you. :)

Back