TR-3 Resin Glaze Review

First time using this stuff. Comes in a charcoal lighter fluid can! I thought this must mean it is heavy in petroleum distillates. Once I mashed the "push the dot" top my suspicions were confirmed. Very thick stuff. Much thicker than Old No. 7 Polish or NuFinish. I disregarded the instructions and applied it with a soft cloth all over the entire car then let try to a haze. I then took an old bath towel and cotton fiber towels and buffed it off. It went on very easy and came off very easy. It seemed to remove embedded contaminants pretty well. The finish was very slick. Much more so than Old No. 7. Since I finished up after nightfall it's hard to really tell about the shine but it seemed to have done a good job. We shall see about durability.

Attachments

• IMG_20220914_194209204.jpg
    IMG_20220914_194209204.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220914_194221452.jpg
    IMG_20220914_194221452.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 79
Looks like something out of the 1970's. I'd be quite leary of using it on anything with clearcoat.
Reformulated to be clearcoat safe............so says the label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
In the daylight it looks stunning. Very nice, deep shine!!

Label you posted says "original formula."
On the back it says "Safe for all finishes". I read the SDS and it has diatomaceous earth(a polishing compound) in it. Maybe they reduced the amount from the old formula.

On the back it says "Safe for all finishes". I read the SDS and it has diatomaceous earth(a polishing compound) in it. Maybe they reduced the amount from the old formula.
Does it say "Safe for Clearcoat"? It might be safe for all finishes of the time back then, lacquer and enamel, but that doesn't mean it should be used on modern paint if it doesn't mention clearcoat.

Does it say "Safe for Clearcoat"? It might be safe for all finishes of the time back then, lacquer and enamel, but that doesn't mean it should be used on modern paint if it doesn't mention clearcoat.

Attachments

• IMG_20220918_063517215_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220918_063517215_HDR.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 109
Pretty much sums it up. I figure they cut down on the polishing media in the mix when they tweaked the formula.

Attachments

• IMG_20220918_063532827_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220918_063532827_HDR.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 63
Not bad at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20220918_183106598_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220918_183106598_HDR.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220918_183125857.jpg
    IMG_20220918_183125857.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 43
In the 70's this was known for removing heavy oxidation on neglected red cars, in particular.(probably because red oxidized the most)That may be a change in the formula because I don't believe the can use to say not for excessive oxidation but clear coat was not being used either.

In the 70's this was known for removing heavy oxidation on neglected red cars, in particular.(probably because red oxidized the most)That may be a change in the formula because I don't believe the can use to say not for excessive oxidation but clear coat was not being used either.
The label says it will not remove heavy oxidation. I must say I am happy with the results but am skeptical at the durability.

There are much better products these days. Why use an old school product even if they tweaked it slightly. In reality you do not know what they really did to the formula.
From my experience, I haven't found much of the modern car chemicals to be all that better than the old school stuff except for REJEX. Rejex seems to last longer than most of the latest and greatest. There haven't been any new chemicals invented in the last 30-40 years that make new car care products that much better. I will say I love the Clay 2.0 though but that isn't chemical but a better designed product thanks to better engineering of whatever that black stuff is made of. It is mostly marketing BS! Just showing that an "old school" product can still hold its own these days.

From my experience, I haven't found much of the modern car chemicals to be all that better than the old school stuff except for REJEX. Rejex seems to last longer than most of the latest and greatest. There haven't been any new chemicals invented in the last 30-40 years that make new car care products that much better. I will say I love the Clay 2.0 though but that isn't chemical but a better designed product thanks to better engineering of whatever that black stuff is made of. It is mostly marketing BS! Just showing that an "old school" product can still hold its own these days.
Used Rejex to protect cleaned up head lights on one side, old school Simonize carnauba (sp?) on the other. Old school lasted significantly longer. Very hard to apply and take off, though

Back