Quixx Wax

A few months back I had picked up a couple of tubes of this product in a local Roses store.I tried to find some info on it online and there are 2 video reviews of it on youtube and nothing any where else.It was $1 for a tube of 100ml/3.38oz.It is made in Germany.

2 months ago I washed my wifes 2005 black Honda sedan and my 1997 white Dodge ram(it's first since my ownership) and waxed both.Applied with a damp sponge and buffed with an old cotton towel.Both vehicles had a nice gloss to them.The wifes car gets occassional washes at an automatic wash,she likes them.The Dodge had paint that the p.o. had not washed for years.The paint had soot and mildew type stuff in the body creases.The water in the bucket after the Dodge wash was chalky looking.Baaad paint.But the Quixx Wax gave it a nice gloss.The wax is a lotion/cream consistency and I used maybe half a tube for the two vehicles.Water beaded on it well and has continued to bead and run off well.

Since the product worked well I went back to Roses to get more and saw it was on clearance for 50 cents a tube and grabbed a couple more.Last week I picked up a couple more tubes that rang up at the register for 1 cent!I left 2 tubes on the shelf and took 6-7 home with me.

Well today was warm and I decided to give the truck one last wash/wax for the year and decided to do it a little differently.I washed it with Turtle Wax and drove it a little ways to dry it off.I then applied the product with a 7 inch microfiber pad on a small hand buffer,did the entire truck and waited a few minutes.When you looked at an angle you could see the haze of the wax residue on the trucks surface.I then polished the truck with the buffer and sections of an old cotton towel.I was hoping this routine might lessen/clean some of the scratches on the paint.The truck is a definite 20 footer.It did seem to lessen some surface marks.Looked pretty good,well as well as plain 27 yr old white paint could.

After doing this I was cooking some chicken chili for supper and was short a few items and drove into town .It was now after sundown and while I was driving I noticed I could read some of the street signs in the reflection of the freshly waxed hood.I'm impressed.
While I was typing this I heard a brief period of light rain,walked outside and the sprinkle was over and the truck was covered in BB size beads of rain.

Seems to be good stuff.
I'll update in a few weeks.

I just checked their website and I don’t see a wax product.

I suspect this is a polishing compound of sorts. Their product list is all geared towards repairs.

I think this is probably a discontinued item .The Rose's family of stores often get remainder stock like that.About 2 years ago I was getting Meguires Paint Protectant(the rose color liquid that now goes for crazy prices) for $1.99.I picked up a few bottles that I gave to friends and kept 2 .2 that I cannot find now.:( I wish I had bought a dozen.
1 or 2 of the tubes were brittle,so I suspect these have sat in a warehouse.
ingredients-polydimethylsilicone,ester of montanic acid,aluminum silicate,dimethylcyclopentasiloxane,water

Update - Water still beads but the beads have went up about .30 of an inch and are no longer perfectly round domes.They still flow off pretty good when driving and the surface still feels pretty smooth when you run your hand over it.At this rate it might would last 6 months easily.I'll probably wash it and reapply and buff in the next month or two......

Back