TPMS help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Go to walmart. Bring a letter. Mention in the letter they messed up your TPMS and that they have a final shot of fixing it or you will go to the dealer for a proper fix and charge-back your credit card the amount applicable.

WM needs to order you the TPMS sensors on their dime through their contacts if they are to fix this.

As I said in post #2, be firm. They will try to stall you into giving up on this fight.

Good advice. Use the credit card dispute as a very last resort. Your TransUnion credit score can take a big hit disputing a charge.

I've used credit card dispute before and had my money refunded. My Credit card score is 808?

It can drop, I'm not saying it will, it can. I know two people quite well, one recently, and one a few years ago that took a big hit from TU disputing charges. Both parties had credit scores over 825. The two year ago person took over 20 months IIRC to recover from the hit. In both cases it was only the dispute and nothing else that impacted the scores with TU.

What does it "cost" you to ignore the light? Can you defeat TC and still be able to drive in snow? Will you replace this set of tires before you sell the vehicle? Can you pass inspection?

I'm wondering if you can just ignore the light. Pretty cheap solution. It's what I do.

I couldn't stand to have the light on, knowing it wasn't on before. It's annoying to have clear the message every time you start it. So anyway here's how it played out, following up after this post:
Quote:
Took it back first thing this morning. They said a tire was low and they relearned them, all I need to do it drive it. Did the required 15MPH+ for about 30 mins. Still on. Took it back again, they tried to just get me to leave and were jerks. They told me to go to an autopart store to get the sensors myself and bring them in, and they'll only refund the sensors they put in, no labor or inconvenience fees. They won't refund me if I take it to another shop either.

I took it to a friend that used to run one of the areas foremost shops (retired now and just does stuff for fun), as I was just going to have him put in new sensors and be done. He called Walmart and explained to one of the techs there exactly what to do. I took it back and this tech was pretty nice and he relearned them, but the light was still on after 30 mins of driving. I gave up and decided to call it a day. Went back the next morning (yesterday) to get a refund for the 2 sensors and the assistant TLE manager was still very adversarial. I explained to him I simply want my money back for the two sensors and I am going to take it somewhere else. He told me that he wants the sensors back and said "if you buy a DVD player and it doesn't work, you bring it back for a refund", I replied that he's lucky all I want back is the money I paid for the sensors and not reimbursement for 5 trips back there, hours waiting, a half tank of gas for driving around to get the light to reset or for them to pay for another shop to fix it. He grudgingly refunded the $60 for the two sensors and I left. That was yesterday. This morning, the light went out. I'm guessing it just needed like 25 key cycles to clear the fault after it was fixed. If they were the least bit nice or sympathetic to deal with, I probably would take back $60 for the sensors, but after the trouble they put me through and their condescending attitudes, I'm not loosing sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back