Toyotoa 0w-20; 5k miles; Lexus LX570 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Lexus 5.7 L engine uses both direct and port injection it doesn’t have the carbon problems that direct injected engines do that’s why Toyota engines last forever they engineer more for longevity and durability.

Originally Posted By: Pitbull

Could be possibly caused by the accident 1000 miles before the oil changed where I hydroplane doing several 360 degree spins across the freeway into the median shearing off the front plastic facade along with all the headlights, electronics and radar. Radiator, transmission cooler and horns were also replaced. Air bags did not deploy, no structural damage, no damage to any sheet metal. No leaks, just a fin bent on the radiator, so they installed a new one. $20,000 later it looks and drives like new, all gauges stayed in normal range until I turned off the engine about 10 minutes after the wreak. But maybe all the spinning caused a (tr) of fuel, which from the oil analysis is in the normal range.

I don't buy that for the fuel contamination, but if you said they found fecal contamination after that ride, now THAT is something that I'd believe
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Could be possibly caused by the accident 1000 miles before the oil changed where I hydroplane doing several 360 degree spins across the freeway into the median shearing off the front plastic facade along with all the headlights, electronics and radar. Radiator, transmission cooler and horns were also replaced. Air bags did not deploy, no structural damage, no damage to any sheet metal. No leaks, just a fin bent on the radiator, so they installed a new one. $20,000 later it looks and drives like new, all gauges stayed in normal range until I turned off the engine about 10 minutes after the wreak. But maybe all the spinning caused a (tr) of fuel, which from the oil analysis is in the normal range.

I don't buy that for the fuel contamination, but if you said they found fecal contamination after that ride, now THAT is something that I'd believe
smile.gif

They found that on the driver seat
wink.gif

Looks like the titanium is a good thing and since I change my oil/filter every 5000 miles I’m not too concerned about any problem. Looks like the dealer must be using Castrol 0W 20 that has the titanium which is a good thing

Not Castrol 0w20. Castrol 0w20 only has about 10 ppm Ti, not the 84 Ti in yours, big difference. It has low moly, too low to be Kendall, and if it was Mobil Super 5000 it would have Na with the Ti, so not that either.

Since Lexus 5.7 L engine uses both direct and port injection it doesn’t have the carbon problems that direct injected engines do that’s why Toyota engines last forever they engineer more for longevity and durability.

Definitely good for keeping carbon away and I think it also helps combat LSPI but the DI definitely is what causes fuel dilution. You could easily go up a viscosity grade and it would end up being a 20 grade after 5K miles.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Looks like the titanium is a good thing and since I change my oil/filter every 5000 miles I’m not too concerned about any problem. Looks like the dealer must be using Castrol 0W 20 that has the titanium which is a good thing

Not Castrol 0w20. Castrol 0w20 only has about 10 ppm Ti, not the 84 Ti in yours, big difference. It has low moly, too low to be Kendall, and if it was Mobil Super 5000 it would have Na with the Ti, so not that either.

I’ll call the dealer and ask what oil they are using?

They use Kendall 0w20. They might’ve taken the sample right when they opened it up and drain the oil and maybe the titanium more of it settles to the bottom of the pan that’s only reason I could think there be 84 ppm. The more the titanium the merrier that’s not a problem in my book everything I’ve read

They use Kendall 0w20. The more the titanium the merrier that’s not a problem in my book everything I’ve read. Kindle 0w20 Synthetic liquid titanium has 100 ppm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back