toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Toyota18:

.... Is it ok to change front and back PAO and Ester engine oils? ....

It should be safe to change between PAO-based, ester-based, and mineral based motor oils as long as they all meet the service level required for your car.

Most PAO-based motor oils contain some ester, most ester-based contain some PAO, and many mineral oils contain some synthetic.

Toyota 18... If you are changing between Dino & Synthetic your owners manual will tell you NOT to do it. Toyota probably says this to trim warranty work for oil leaks.

No one on this board does that, do they?
spaz.gif

quote:

Originally posted by H2GURU:
Toyota 18... If you are changing between Dino & Synthetic your owners manual will tell you NOT to do it. Toyota probably says this to trim warranty work for oil leaks.

Toyota's manual for my camry, rx330, celica and scion tc say nothing of switching from dino to synthetic and back. Nor do the Toyota techs, I've swapped my celica over to dino @ 67k miles no issues and the lexus rx330 from synthetic back to dino @ 35k. No issues...

The only cars I seen with this warning is on cars that come form the factory with synthetics.

Thanks for the replies.I mean if i keep changing engine oil from PAO to Ester then Eter to PAO.
I tried different types of engine oil in my car.
Ex:Motul 8100 5w-40 PAO
0w-40 PAO/Ester
300v 5w-30 ESTER
Mobil1 5w-50 PAO
0w-40 PAO
Castrol 10w-30. Group2+Ester.
So far Mobil1 0w-40 was the best.

quote:

Originally posted by Toyota18:
Thanks for the replies.I mean if i keep changing engine oil from PAO to Ester then Eter to PAO.
I tried different types of engine oil in my car.
Ex:Motul 8100 5w-40 PAO
0w-40 PAO/Ester
300v 5w-30 ESTER
Mobil1 5w-50 PAO
0w-40 PAO
Castrol 10w-30. Group2+Ester.
So far Mobil1 0w-40 was the best.

How do you decide what is "best"?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back