Toyota WS Trans fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmmmm... My Tundra holds way more than that. Desperately hoping an alternative comes out before I need to change.

In the big picture, the price difference is that much. I mean, what, it's an extra $40 over your favorite synthetic fluid (per change) every other year, at most? You probably spend that much at Wallyworld on needless stuff.

2005+ Avalon
2007+ Camry
2005+ Tacoma
2003+ Tundra V8 (select models)
2003+ 4Runner (select models)
2004+ Prius
2006+ RAV4
2007+ Yaris
Highlander Hybrid

From what I unserstand the WS stuff if reall good trans fluid. I was just curious about a synthetic replacement. Maybe the WS is synthetic and tough for the aftermarket to beat.

No, its just a groupIII blend thinner then normal ATF for improved MPG and extended maintenance intervals. I'm also aggravated by the lack of dipsticks.

Like any spec, there needs to be a demand before any company blends a replacement.

Toyota WS is JWS 3324(new spec). There isn't much on the market for it scence it fairly new, compared to Toyota T-IV(JWS 3309). If others started using it, it would be more commercialy availible than it is.

You picked up Toyota T-IV, not Toyota WS.

Toyota T-IV comes in quart bottles, Toyota WS comes in a one gallon metal can only.

Are you sure your Toyota takes WS? Give me the year/make/model and I can check for you.

yes i knew this would be a hot topic yes it is ws ws ws and yes it is in qts........ o6 tacoma 5 speed auto did not belive till i seen it with my own eyes...

Wow. You've gotta show us pictures.
smile.gif

It's just hard to believe that the price would drop so much overnight.

Guys it comes out to be the same pretty much across the board. A lot of vehicles that I've serviced cost about 50 dollars in fluid and filter to change the transmission fluid.

I have a 98 f150 that takes MerconV transmission fluid. This stuff is about 3.25 a quart after me getting a discount rate from the dealer.

When i fully drain the transmission and converter, it takes around 14 quarts with the extra trans cooler in the front.

Around 45.50 for the fluid, and under 10 bucks for the new pan filter.

Just over 50 bucks.

Quote:

Which Toyota vehicles used WS tranny fluid -- my new 2006 Highlander calls for T-IV.

My 06 Lexus ES330 uses the WS Tranny fluid. My car doesnt even have a tranny dipstick! They call it a "sealed system" and its probably very hard to find this fluid, since toyota claims that this fluid never needs to be replaced. I looked at my maintenence schedule and until 100,000 miles they advise just oil changes, air filters changes and brake fluid changes
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back