Toyota, why are you absent from the EV races?

Well said, many do not know that a properly run company does not depend on the CEO for its continued success. The company must be properly run by that CEO for this to happen.
CEOs come and go, Elon can be removed by Tesla's board at any point or for unseen circumstances be incapable of continuing at Tesla.
The success of any company relies on a proper structure in place led by the CEO for the company to survive without him or her.

Important to know, Elon does not own Tesla, he is an employee, CEO.
It is not if that happens, but when. And sole responsibility for anything that goes bad will be on Elon's shoulders.
CEOs, country leaders etc. are not judged now, but once they leave. many CEOs were raised into stars by the media. 20 years later, it becomes apparent that they are responsible for the demise of the companies. They played short-term success against the long-term stability of the company.

Well said, many do not know that a properly run company does not depend on the CEO for its continued success. The company must be properly run by that CEO for this to happen.
CEOs come and go, Elon can be removed by Tesla's board at any point or for unseen circumstances be incapable of continuing at Tesla.
The success of any company relies on a proper structure in place led by the CEO for the company to survive without him or her.

Important to know, Elon does not own Tesla, he is an employee, CEO.
That's not business, especially high tech. The CEO is the leader and his/her vision drives the company. Line of succession is also a critical component. I was part of a $200M high tech company that is $20B today. The CEO skills at $500M may take the company to $1B but will likely not be appropriate for $10B and beyond.
Elon Musk is more than a billion dollar company CEO. He has changed the world and continues to do so. Is he wrong at times? Of course; go big or go home. Elon time? Not for the faint of heart. Can you name another person who has reached this lofty level in such a short time? The closest is probably Steve Jobs, but that took longer and he was fired by Markula. And guess what? Much of the negative stuff you hear about Musk were said for years about Jobs.
I hope you understand what he has accomplished. There is probably no one else in the world today who could do this. Go sit in an Executive Boardroom.

FYI, I am not sure some people understand my post:
"There is no doubt Tesla is Elon. Every market analyst will say the biggest risk to Tesla is the loss of their leader."

Last edited:
Back