Toyota Tundra OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a BUNCH of rgt 0/20 5/20 and some 5/30 and also have some of the valvoline modern engine 0/20

will plan to use what I have instead of buying anything new

I didn’t realize the rgt wasn’t performing as well as some of the other oils

I seems a 5k change in oil and maybe 10 k on the filter would be safe

I only have 17K miles on my 2020 Tundra and so just three oil changes. The TBN on RGT was 2.1 after 5K miles so that may not go the distance of 10K miles. I have 0W20 Kendall GT-1 Max (old school version) in there now so we'll see. At this point, I'm thinking 5K OCI and 10K OEM filter.

I only have 17K miles on my 2020 Tundra and so just three oil changes. The TBN on RGT was 2.1 after 5K miles so that may not go the distance of 10K miles. I have 0W20 Kendall GT-1 Max (old school version) in there now so we'll see. At this point, I'm thinking 5K OCI and 10K OEM filter.
I think you’re the second or third person that’s posted low TBN on the RGT after 5,000 miles (although I guess 2.1 isn’t that bad).

I personally liked the RGT when I was using it in my Toyota...bought a whole stash of it last year from the autozone clearance, along with Valvoline Modern Engine and Quaker State. The thing with Toyota engines is they don’t really care what you put in them. IMO.

I think you’re the second or third person that’s posted low TBN on the RGT after 5,000 miles (although I guess 2.1 isn’t that bad).

I personally liked the RGT when I was using it in my Toyota...bought a whole stash of it last year from the autozone clearance, along with Valvoline Modern Engine and Quaker State. The thing with Toyota engines is they don’t really care what you put in them. IMO.

they really don’t care. so many running in True severe conditions accross the globe and we baby them.

RGT? 5k intervals. Some people have posted UOAs of it and it doesn’t seem to last much longer than 5-6k.
Yup. There's nothing wrong with RGT, but it is NOT an extended drain oil. As mentioned, change it every 3K to 5K miles. Do the same with QSUD (QSFS) and Kirkland.

I like changing my own oil. It's theraputic as others have mentioned in another thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back