Toyota Tercel Headlight Upgrade

I’m wanting to try some LED headlights in place of my sealed beam 4x6 lights. I need to verify but looks like it should have a pair of H6545 lights. It’s a two lamp system.

Does anyone have experience with any of the lamps on Amazon? Looks like reviews and pricing are all over the place. I used to sell Trux lights and while they offer them the price is over $100/each. I’d like to try something cheaper first.

I know that just about every LED bulb upgrade has a fan to keep the heat down... Some are loud enough to hear inside the vehicle... My question is that vehicles that come with LED headlights from the factory...do they use fans also????

I know that just about every LED bulb upgrade has a fan to keep the heat down... Some are loud enough to hear inside the vehicle... My question is that vehicles that come with LED headlights from the factory...do they use fans also????
Some do, some don’t. Watched a few tear downs on YouTube of various headlights, even with a fan in factory options it seems it’s more to just move air around as the enclosure is a sealed unit.

The Morimoto/Holley retrobrights look impressive, and they offer a “warm white” option I wish was far more popular. But they’re a bit expensive.

If you didn't drive at 140 mph on the interstate you wouldn't need to upgrade the headlights !

Some do, some don’t. Watched a few tear downs on YouTube of various headlights, even with a fan in factory options it seems it’s more to just move air around as the enclosure is a sealed unit.

Which is fine, the total heat producton is only a fraction of halogen lights. You just don't want it all to concentrate on the LED and electronics.

Back