sealed beam upgrade recommendations

hi everybody! I have an 88 325is with the ellip headlights, but recently at the junkyard I picked up a set of sealed beams. I have the "smiley" cutout on my car headlights, but I'm thinking of the h4/h1 upgrade form sealed setup, as it's a bit different than what most run. My setup has corroded and broken adjusters so I want to go with something that's cheaper than fixing up my old lights...maybe something different? Anyone have a recommendation for the sealed beam upgrade? I'm looking for something with citilights in them thanks smile

I'm an HID guy personally, But my XJ's (jeep cherokee's) that were sealed beam, I always replaced them with E-CODE housings that accept H4 bulbs along with a relay setup to achieve the suggested wattage. I think they were "autopal" brand from EBAY......

Another plus one for the Hella e-codes. I have a pair of the Hella Vision Plus headlamps on my '94 pickup and they're great. Also threw in a pair of Osam (not sylvan!!!) night breakers and the lights are x1000 times better than the stock units.

another + for the Hella true e-codes, not the Vision Plus which is or at least used to be a Hella light made to the US DoT standards. Cibie's are another alternative. I have both on similar vehicles (my LR's) and while I like the Cibie's low beam pattern a bit better than the Hella's, the difference is not worth the cost differential. Either is miles ahead of a sealed beam.

Originally Posted By: silvercivicsi
Another plus one for the Hella e-codes. I have a pair of the Hella Vision Plus headlamps on my '94 pickup and they're great. Also threw in a pair of Osam (not sylvan!!!) night breakers and the lights are x1000 times better than the stock units.
I have Hella E-Codes and Night Breakers installed on my 1999 Wrangler- an excellent upgrade. I've installed Cibie or Hella E-Codes in every sealed beam equipped car I have owned since 1977.