Toyota OEM Oil FIlter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here by chance know the oil specs of the OEM Toyota oil filter? Or at least a general range of specs since I'm sure different size filters all perform differently. I was thinking about using it on my next OCI. I'm currently running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with a Fram Ultra filter which is great but I keep reading about filters that may have different anti-drainback valve properties and such that may not be good for certain vehicles. I thought that switching to an OEM filter for my Scion would be a good thing.

The last time I checked Toyota OEM oil filters there were Denso Toyota oil filters which are made in Japan and Denso Toyota oil filters that are made in Thailand. The made in Japan oil filters were expensive and the made in Thailand oil filters were inexpensive. The internal guts of both oil filters were significantly different.

I would be purchasing from a Toyota Dealership so I would imagine it should be the high quality filters. I would definitely be double checking though.

I like the Denso oil filter better that the OEM oil filter made for TMC by Denso. Don't know what the filtering efficiency is and don't really care. I do care about the air filter though and use the Denso product also. Change the oil and filters at OEM spec and you will be driving the vehicle for many years if you so choose.

No clue as to specs, but OEM is all I've ever used on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma since new with 7500 miles OCIs. They are good.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I like the Denso oil filter better that the OEM oil filter made for TMC by Denso. Don't know what the filtering efficiency is and don't really care. I do care about the air filter though and use the Denso product also. Change the oil and filters at OEM spec and you will be driving the vehicle for many years if you so choose.

Well I've been running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 10W30 with a Fram Ultra filter with 4500 mile OCIs. No problems there the oil is coming out pretty clean actually. I have decided however to switch to the TRD filter from Toyota.

Originally Posted By: zuluplus30
Wrong forum
How? I mean there are no other subforums that this would fit under from what I saw. If it truly is then maybe a mod can move it.

Originally Posted By: Luisraul924
I would be purchasing from a Toyota Dealership so I would imagine it should be the high quality filters.
...and you would be wrong.

The Japan-made ones come installed on vehicles from the factory. Dealers only sell the Thai ones.

Actually I'll be using the TRD filter. A few more bucks but it's a full synthetic filter within Toyota spec.

The TRD is the one I would use too in that price range, essentially a royal purple filter for maybe less money. I do like the actual Denso brand in the blue can made in Thailand, about $3-$4 each. I can't find a defect in them, and I look closely.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
I don't think the Denso Thailand filters are bad, but how can you beat the specs on the Fram Ultra ?

I think the TRD is pretty much spot on in terms of specs with the Fram Ultra. The TRD name just gives me peace of mind about running it on my 2AZ-FE.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: Luisraul924
I would be purchasing from a Toyota Dealership so I would imagine it should be the high quality filters.
...and you would be wrong.

The Japan-made ones come installed on vehicles from the factory. Dealers only sell the Thai ones.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of the Thailand filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back