Toyota filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a toyota tacoma V6 that takes a 90915-YZZD1 oil filter. The dealer sold me a 90915-YZZG1 telling me thats the new number. Anyone else using the yzzg1 filter? Its not from Japan, it says made in the USA.

On Toyota filters the ones from USA are made by Purolator and the ones from Japan and Thailand are from Denso normally. Toyota has been changing there oil filter numbers around lately. I think the new numbers have to do with the country of origin.

quote:

Originally posted by Hirev:
On Toyota filters the ones from USA are made by Purolator and the ones from Japan and Thailand are from Denso normally. Toyota has been changing there oil filter numbers around lately. I think the new numbers have to do with the country of origin.

This is not entirely true.
I work in the parts department at a toyota dealership, And the old filters for the v6's and 4 cyl taco's and previa's (08922-02011) are the only filters that were made by purolator. The 90915-YZZA1,90915-YZZA2, and 90915-YZZB5 were all made in the USA by Denso. The new 90915-YZZF1, F2,D1, and D3 are all made in Thailand by Denso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back