Toyota Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here have it? Have you used their roadside assistance? Wondering if that roadside assistance is valuable or not.

Many auto insurance plans offer roadside assistance reimbursement for only a few bucks a month...

Yes, they hired a local provider in your area. I used it once to have the car flatbed-ed back to the dealer when they screwed up a rear brake job.

I have it and only use the free oil changes & rotations because none of my Toyota vehicles (5 now) has ever broken down. The only time one didn't start was last week when the wife's Lexus needed a new battery since at 162,000 miles the factory battery threw in the towel. But that happened in our garage.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrownBox88
Anyone here have it? Have you used their roadside assistance? Wondering if that roadside assistance is valuable or not.

Valuable or not, you get it free. While I have not had to use it either on my two Toyota's, I have no worries about getting service if I had to use it. As mentioned, if you do have to call, they patch you through to a local company that will provide the service. Most time it will just be a tow company that will tow it to the dealer unless you just need a jump, tire change or gas.

I would highly recommend that you do take advantage of the 2/25K free oil change and tire rotation the plan offers. It gets the first 5 service intervals in the dealership network as being performed by them and is a good base to show if you have issues down the road even if you decide to do your own scheduled maintenance.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

Valuable or not, you get it free. While I have not had to use it either on my two Toyota's, I have no worries about getting service if I had to use it. As mentioned, if you do have to call, they patch you through to a local company that will provide the service. Most time it will just be a tow company that will tow it to the dealer unless you just need a jump, tire change or gas.

I would highly recommend that you do take advantage of the 2/25K free oil change and tire rotation the plan offers. It gets the first 5 service intervals in the dealership network as being performed by them and is a good base to show if you have issues down the road even if you decide to do your own scheduled maintenance.

Now I have a better understanding of the roadside service. I just had the oil changed at 9K miles under Toyota Care. It was really quick. It makes me think if they even do a thorough inspection as the paper says...

Now I have a better understanding of the roadside service. I just had the oil changed at 9K miles under Toyota Care. It was really quick. It makes me think if they even do a thorough inspection as the paper says...

Like there's really much to look for at 9k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Like there's really much to look for at 9k.

True, but when I take mine in, there is a about 3-4 guys going over the truck for the oil/filter change and tire rotation.

One guy below, one up top on the engine bay and 1-2 doing the tire rotation. At least from what I seen, they split the inspection up to their respective area and do make it a quick turn around. Also, if you do a bazillion of them as your daily job, I imagine they are on cruise control going over the vehicle.

Not having used dealer maintenance for a looonnnnnggg time, I have to admit that I'm impressed with my dealer after two TC visits with my '12 Sienna. They take appointments on their website so I pick the first slot on Sat. Morning. They get me in an out in 30 minutes on the rotation only and an hour on the rotation plus OC. However, with a synthetic oil change costing $82(!), I'll be DIY'ing again as soon as the freebies are used up. Besides, I've got to use up those three cases of TGMO 0W-20 Caterham convinced me to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back