Toyota 3.3L no crank

My old tired highlander 3.3L doesn't want to crank, checked the relays, fuses and they are fine.
Replaced the starter with a new Duralast Autozone starter and no crank no nothing.

I am lost looking for answers, don't want to take out the new starter for testing before asking you folks.

Couldn't possibly be, according to this place nothing ever goes wrong with Toyotas... you didn't let the unicorn tears out of it did you?

Kidding asside, yes some more info might be nice, do you have a way to check amp draw or do the lights dim when you try to start it?

Was there any change from the old starter to the new? Can you test the old one? Load test battery? Anti Theft? Aftermarket (or one of those Toyota 3000 things) alarm? Aftermarket remote start? Any other alterations....?

On the somewhat more expensive side of the scale, does the motor turn over with a socket on crank bolt...

It just won't start and in ON position all that I hear is a humming sound from the back of the engine bay.

In the ON position what voltage is expected to be at the connector on the starter body. There is a one pin connector going to the solenoid on top of the starter, it could be an ignition switch/relay and there is one fuel pump fuse inside the car below the steering column which is fine.

The ECU ignition fuse was fine too

I'm confused. In my world "won't crank" means that the engine won't spin over to start. Are the pistons going up and down or not?

Nothing happens w/ the ignition in ON and cranked - its like its doesn't want to turn over. I will get the starter out and get it tested.

Back