Toyo tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently put a set of Toyo Spectrums on my 04 Frontier and right from the start they rode terribly ,and I figuered it was just a balance problem.

I had the place balance them twice and they were just terrible!!

I couldnt figure out why my oem general grabbers with 35k rode better.

The place counldnt get them right so I had my buddy road force balance them at nissan , and it still didnt help.

Toyo has a 500 mile or 45 day full refund policy so I took them back and got Michelin LTX.

MUCH BETTER ride.
The Toyos had really good traction.

On my 1998 Windstar, I was eating a set of tires every 20K until I put on a set of Toyo 800 Ultras at about 60K. The Toyos lasted 60K and then were replaced free of charge under the 800 Ultra warranty. I am sure I gave up some traction for the tread wear, but they were fine for a van and worth every penny.

I now have about 4K on a set of Toyo Proxes on a 2004 Accord and am pleased so far. The wet weather handling is a huge improvement over the OEM Michelins. I didn't get the 800 Ultras on the Accord because the dealer I use won't install a tire with a speed rating lower than the OEM tire - and I am not willing to sacrifice traction for the longer tread life on the Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back