Towel Rack Blunder-Nothing Burger

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I had this 50s standing towel rack that I wanted to give away as I'm slowly clearing out everything for an eventual move.
It was all metal and in perfect order. I set it out at the end of my lane on a heavily traveled road and it took 3 days for someone to take it. I thought it would last 20 minutes.

Now if I put out a wood pallet it lasts about 10 minutes. I put out some old beat up bikes and I walked back to my house and a truck was already being loaded with them. I guess free standing towel racks are out of vogue.

My wife put a small table at the end of our driveway with a free sign on it and had no takers for 3 days. I told her people want something free if they think it is worth something, so I put a $10 label on it. It was stolen in broad daylight within 20 minutes.

Around 2006, my wife and I struggled with a 36” CRT tv, and brought from the basement, to the curb, for her aunt. The wife’s uncle was gonna get it into their mpv later. It was gone in about 5 minutes. I thought it was being recycled which is why we took it to the curb and not driveway.

Wife’s cousin (aunts son) acquired 3 (not 4) ASA rims same way, same neighborhood. Since 3 of the wrong size was of no use, he took them to the dump eventually.

My buddy said the same thing.
He had a beat up dirt bike he put out for a month. No takers.
He put it out again for $500 and it got ripped off quick.. 😂

I heard about someone that had an old fridge that didn't work, it was tripping the breaker so they got a new one. The old one was going to cost money to get rid of so they took it to the curb and put a FOR SALE $50 sign on it. It was stolen a few hours later.

I heard about someone that had an old fridge that didn't work, it was tripping the breaker so they got a new one. The old one was going to cost money to get rid of so they took it to the curb and put a FOR SALE $50 sign on it. It was stolen a few hours later.
Our local electricity provider gives $50 to $100 for them too. Probably a scrapping druggy

Our local electricity provider gives $50 to $100 for them too. Probably a scrapping druggy

This was long before anyone paid anything for refrigerators that don't work. Here, I can just take one to the county dump for no charge (along with tires, oil, oil filters, antifreeze, and household trash) but other places you may still have to pay to get rid of one.

Back