Touching customer service story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm recently turned 18 and since I was 16 I worked at a local thrift store. Quit and started a new job 4 weeks ago, long story short the management at the thrift store began treating us all like we were less than human and trying to make everyone turn against each other.

Anyways, there was this one older couple who would come every Saturday morning. They would pull up about 30 minutes before we'd be open and they would eat Tim Horton's in their car, and when they came in to shop they'd talk to me while I snaked through the aisles with the dust mop and did other opening tasks. We'd talk about the weather, cars, family stuff, and what they found at the flea market that morning.

There's a drive-in movie theater here and every Saturday starting at 5AM they have a flea market / swap meet and after meeting this couple a few different times before work I'd get up super early and go, and one time I actually ran into them there.

The last day I would work at the thrift store was a Sunday, so the Saturday before that when they came in to shop I let them know, and they told me they'd miss seeing me and talking to me, but one thing the wife said will stick with me.

"I wish you the best at your new job, and I hope we will see you again. But if we don't see you again, have a good life." and they both hugged me and finished their shopping for the morning.

Anyone else have regulars they're close / were close with?

Last edited:
I've been working on some clients vehicles for over 25 years, Some have become good friends. While some are lonely & talk too much....Therefore waste to much of my time, I will candidly tell them as much!!

someone please move this to the general forum. Fat fingers and being on mobile I didn't realize I put this in the vehicles forum until now. Sorry

What can you do for them? I would try and do something for them.

I have been getting my car repairs at a local independent shop for nearly 30 years, the same two owners of the shop all this time. Usually I leave the car at the shop before the owners get there with a list of repairs and pick it up after they leave.

This last time I was home during the day so I picked it up when both owners were present. They treated me like a visiting head of state. We talked of this and that as well as my impending retirement and move to another state. I was a bit touched over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back