Total Solar Eclipse one year from now April 8, 2024

I'm going to modernize that famous scene from "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" by going to my local RR + Bentley dealership on that day and say.....
Give me that car in the front row or I'll blot out the Sun.

we're right along the totality strip... i wouldn't be suprised if the local hotels aren't fully booked for that day at least in a month or so, if not already.

My camp is two miles south of the totality strip.

Close enough!

Odds are pretty good it'll be clouded over though. :(

we're right along the totality strip... i wouldn't be suprised if the local hotels aren't fully booked for that day at least in a month or so, if not already.
A few years ago Wyoming was just far enough north to get blacked out. In northern Colorado it got to almost twilight then started to get light again. Really weird. The birds stopped chirping i think it freaked them out.

The last eclipse was total at my home in NE KC metro. It was a very cool experience. Not my first, there was one in my youth in the 60's I think.

Nice. I think the last one was 2016 or 2017. It happened while I was at work and we all went outside to observe it.

Somewhat creepy IMO. I can’t imagine in the olden days it happening and people not knowing it wasn’t an issue. Lol

In 2017 we were supposed to get pretty close to total. Clouded over about half hour before.

I believe the whole thing is a conspiracy somehow o_O

Here is a treat for the USA and parts of eastern Canada. A total solar eclipse will be travelling from SW to north east on April 8, 2024. Take your kids or grandkids!

Here is a plot and the odds of it being clouding. Best odds are in Texas.

Stay tuned while I grab it off my I Cloud storage.
Where it crosses the 2017 Solar Eclipse track is about where I'll be setting up.
Fortunate that I am not far from the center of the track for this one as well.

I'll be taking the day off to watch like I did in 2017.

Here is the track. I believe the data for the weather is an average of several El Niño years.

748100DA-6075-42A5-B8A0-924D5330FB24.jpeg

We had fun watching the last one and photographing it from our backyard. Might try to figure an opportunity to get closer.

Maybe I’ll make a trip up north in NH if it aligns with life . My kids except autistic middle child will have little interest though.

Parts worth visiting seem to get hit in VT.

Luckily for this one all I have to do is walk out my back door, we are right in the path of totality. Right on the edge though, so we'll probably make a short drive to have a few extra moments of totality if I can find a good hiding spot away from crowds. I have a few places in mind so hopefully the weather cooperates.

The one in 2017 happened on my birthday and I watched it in the middle of an old graveyard in rural Tennesse with a bunch of food and cooler full of beer. It was seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen. If you can travel a reasonable distance to see it, its absolutely worth it.

Back