Total quartz or valvoline oil?

Hi, there is a new oil being introduced in my country, Belize, which is total quartz, from what I read it's from France. Used mainly in EU, now I want to know if anyone one of you would recommend the use of this total quartz oil? Or would you recommend the use of the valvoline better? Is for a ford escape. Thank you

Attachments

• 20230914_093546.jpg
    20230914_093546.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230812_141450.jpg
    20230812_141450.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
does base oils matter? from what i read total quartz is based group III and not sure what valvoline is?
Run whichever makes you happier! They're both great oils. I personally would go with Total. They are both group 3 hydrocracked. I know Total is accompanied with some esters as well.

Either one will protect the engine in your Escape just fine. Both meet Ford required approvals. Both are well respected name brand oils.

As has been said here many times before, as long as you are using an oil that meets the specifications, being disciplined at regular oil / filter changes, with a reasonable oil change interval, is much, much more critical to the longevity of your engine, than what brand of oil you use. This cannot be emphasized enough. Valvoline, Total, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Quaker, Kirkland. It doesn't matter. Any one will protect your engine beyond the longevity of the rest of the car.

Just do it regularly.

@Sandstorm, which engine is that in your MB? I don't recognize it. It looks like it is mounted transverse? Also new to me in a Mercedes.

Last edited:
Either one will protect the engine in your Escape just fine. Both meet For required approvals. Both are well respected name brand oils.

As has been said here many times before, as long as you are using an oil that meets the specifications, being disciplined at regular oil / filter changes, with a reasonable oil change interval, is much, much more critical to the longevity of your engine, than what brand of oil you use. This cannot be emphasized enough. Valvoline, Total, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Quaker, Kirkland. It doesn't matter. Any one will protect your engine beyond the longevity of the rest of the car.

Just do it regularly.

@Sandstorm, which engine is that in your MB? I don't recognize it. It looks like it is mounted transverse? Also new to me in a Mercedes.
It's the M260 engine. 2021 A220

Total’s NA/western hemisphere refining is done in Texas; so it’s likely from there (not guaranteed) - not that it changes much.

They are a very reputable brand and I’d use it vs. the Valvoline at that price diffference. I have Total ATF in two vehicles and more on the shelf.

Hi, there is a new oil being introduced in my country, Belize, which is total quartz, from what I read it's from France. Used mainly in EU, now I want to know if anyone one of you would recommend the use of this total quartz oil? Or would you recommend the use of the valvoline better? Is for a ford escape. Thank you
Flip a coin

Valvoline owned by the Saudis now. No thanks.
The Saudis own 100% of the biggest oil refinery in "Texas" now too. Thanks to Jared Kushner.
I've got 14 5qt jugs of Valvoline Advanced Synthetic I'm going to use. I guess from now on a person will have to see "who" owns "what" before buying anything. Seems like a lot of "deals" are being made in Washington now-a-days.

Valvoline is 135 and total quartz is 105 for the full synthetic. But i want to use which one is the better oil, not in terms of price but quality
You need to think and ask yourself which one you feel better using. Me personally: I’d use the one that costs less and it’s serving me girlfriends car and her daughters vehicle just fine. Total is good as is Balvoline. Don’t overthink this please. Have a great day 👍🇺🇸

Back