Total Costs: WeatherReady + Denso sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, put together the excel spreadsheet that examined my DE TireRack pickup and TPMS replacement installation costs.
The total final costs includes RoadForce balancing and 2 yr road hazard warranty. I included current local Lexus dealer and a Mr.Tire scenarios.
Mr. Tire has crazy road hazard prices. GY's Oct 1 price increase is $7/tire. The current GY rebate is $75 + $75 on GY credit card. Total is $150 not $200.

I chose the red path. I just realized the unit price per tire costs is $164.06 and it is less than the GY Sept 30 MRSP of $165.99

In summary, Mr. Tire has an up-coming WeatherReady special with significant savings.
For the month of Oct, Lexus Cherry Hill is competitive against Mr.Tire's 4th quarter rebates.

Margins are thin so finding a cost-effective RoadForce installer coupled with no sales tax significantly increases ur cost savings.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by UG_Passat
No sales tax? Shop in Delaware

Agree, especially for big ticket items.

Too bad TR only offers expensive sensors and not the cheaper ITM Uni-Sensor or some other universal TPMS. That would lower costs by at least $100 per set of tires
mad.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Too bad TR only offers expensive sensors and not the cheaper ITM Uni-Sensor or some other universal TPMS. That would lower costs by at least $100 per set of tires
mad.gif

I thought going the OE Denso (Lexus) route would be easier for the Indy garage, but I was wrong. Uploading the new IDs to the ECU was problematic since he does more cloning than installing new ID Denso sensors.

Since my 3yr old winter snow wheels(Toyota) need sensors, I bought an Autel TS508 and cloned my own car's sensors IDs. A set of 4 Autel MX 315/433 MHz costs $106 on eBay. Just installed, and hopefully no flashing tire warning like past winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back