Torque Pro users? = Driven since MIL resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Torque PRO users ?

All our cars show "Miles driven since last codes cleared" and similar, as a supported function/information/display.

Using the BAFX OBD2 adapter paired via Bluetooth on a Samsung S2/S3 tablet and Torque Pro as the Android app.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/

Problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to show that value when looking to purchase a used car where I have been told, "Yes, we have had codes reset.." where this feature shows as available. I click on a panel "Add display" and select counter type display, bar type, gauge type, whatever type and scroll down the list = no go, unable to find the indicator value.

When I look at raw data list displays, that is also not shown.

When I look at Adapter Status, it shows the miles driven since last codes cleared as available vs not supported.

Puzzled.

I use Torque Pro and I've seen that "miles driven since last codes cleared" but it just came up on mine, I didn't have to do anything.

If all your monitors are satisfied I wouldn't worry. What you want might vary from car to car. And there's the off chance that the dealer actually fixed something correctly.

Maybe I was not clear.

The value is passed on by the OBD2 system but I do not know how to make a LIST or GAUGE to show me that VALUE.

It is similar to having the value to TRANSMISSION FLUID TEMPERATURE - I simply select a gauge (of any type) and I can see the degrees in C or F (I use Centigrade).

I can NOT select a value that the "Adapter Status" list of "things that your car OBD2" supports is shown as Not Available.

The Miles driven since codes cleared is not one of these "unavailable" items -- just have no clue why I can not find it.

It will only appear if the mil was from a previously scanned vehicle. The first time you plug in the adapter and connect it to the app it saves your VIN info. If it's the very first time plugging it into said vehicle it doesn't have the VIN saved therefore it won't show any previously stored information.

How old are the cars you're looking at? My 2000, 2002, and 2005 do not support this. As long as all monitors show complete with no pending or active codes, it should be fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by henni
Maybe I was not clear.

The value is passed on by the OBD2 system but I do not know how to make a LIST or GAUGE to show me that VALUE.

Well we don't know either if you don't tell us what car you're looking at.
whistle.gif

It's something the reverse engineers that contribute PIDs to the Torque community may or may not have gotten to yet.

As an example I'm trying to get TPMS info through torque for my prius but it appears that cheap ebay ELM327s don't read on the correct pin, because it's not on the "emissions pin" for lack of a better term.

Have you googled your mystery vehicle to see if they know?

According to the user manual/directions, it states (...and I am paraphrasing here...) that if a value for "some measurement" is listed as available in the "long list of things the Adapter Status shows...." then the user can create a digital, analog gauge, raw list, bar chart to show that "measurement" that is passed on by the OBD2 system.

Suppose that value itself has ZERO value or some type of binary (On, Off, True, False, -1, 0).
Well, then I can create a gauge and show that missing value BECAUSE the OBD2 passes the data onto Torque Pro.

So as an example, not EVERY car passes on the value of the Transmission fluid/oil temperature.

If this OBD2 value for Transmission fluid/oil is listed in the Adapter Status as Available, then the user can select a gauge to show it.

That is what I have done and for all the cars I am interested in, I can simply plug the adapter into the port and Add Display and I can see the temperature of the transmission.

For all the cars that I am looking at, they ALL have a value for "Miles driven since codes last cleared", that means, it is not a hidden or unavailable value. The make and model of the car is irrelevant since I can fully select among all the Listed_As_Available measurements and easily show them in some kind of display, Analog, Digital, List, Gauge, Histogram, Chart

I find it amusing you are practically yelling at us like we don't know what you want, while we do, and there may be more to getting it, than you think. Because, of course, if it were easy, you'd have done it by now.

> Well we don't know either if you don't tell us what car you're looking at.
whistle.gif

> It's something the reverse engineers that contribute PIDs to the Torque community may or may not have gotten to yet.

All 2016, 2017, 2018 models of Ford, BMW, Honda, Mercedes have an OBD2 value for Miles driven since codes reset, even if the codes have not been reset since none ever existed. It may be just a missing value but that in itself is a display value and can be selected.

Those are the cars.

No need for any additional reverse engineering and information is freely presented by the late model cars.
No need to tweak or obtain new PIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back