toro super recycler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did purchase the Toro Super Recycler 163cc B&S from Home Depot. So far so good. No tools needed to set up straight out the box.
I did use the whole 18 oz oil bottle which gave it about a 1/4" above the full mark.It was a Toro branded oil in 30wt, sj spec if I remember correct.
I filled it up with gas and on the second pull it started. I started a few time after from a warm start to a cold start and it starts on one pull.
When trimming I do not use the personal pace because I do find it was easy to push. When I have to travel a far distance then I self propel
I am not using the upright store feature. After 5 hrs of use I do plan on changing the oil and go to once a year after.

Last edited:
Great buy. Wonder if I'll see more of the supers on the curb now since people can buy them at HD. Maybe next spring after folks let the carb get gummed up.

My girlfriend had one for 20+ yrs. Finally metal fatigue caused the carb attachment point to go. She bought another one and it was missing pieces. took it back for another one that was bad. All this was Home Depot. Finally bought a Jonsred all wheel drive with a Honda engine at Costco. The newer Recyclers aren't what they used to be. Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by loneryder
My girlfriend had one for 20+ yrs. Finally metal fatigue caused the carb attachment point to go. She bought another one and it was missing pieces. took it back for another one that was bad. All this was Home Depot. Finally bought a Jonsred all wheel drive with a Honda engine at Costco. The newer Recyclers aren't what they used to be. Good luck with it.

Your recycler brought from Home Depot is a pile of junk compared to the ops Super Recycler. They are not in the same league. As someone that has owned hundreds of mowers and sold just as many, in a small engine shop, I am of the opinion that you wont find a better mower anywhere for a regular home owner than a Toro Super Recycler.

bought a used 2000 super recycler a couple of years ago. the thing is a beast. i love the aluminum deck . start on one pull if this one dies i am going to try to find another. or a older john deere with a aluminum deck

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
Great buy. Wonder if I'll see more of the supers on the curb now since people can buy them at HD. Maybe next spring after folks let the carb get gummed up.

LOL me too. I just revived a landfill Super Recycler from 2007 (model 20054) over the winter and can't wait to start mowing to see how it does. Parts list: New gas tank, carburetor (Amazon $8.00 special), blade, start/stop cable, chute and mulch plug. Total parts were $120 but the mower will be good for the forseeable future. If the engine goes bad, I'll just pull the one from my front wheel drive Snapper swap it with the Toro. I like it that much better than the Snapper.

Last edited:
Right next to the Toro I bought was a Honda 21" cut and the new 170cc engine. It was a 1 pound more in power than the toro. Also $90 cheaper but it had the steel deck. I was tempted but then I remember how I like the personal pace over those paddles.

I purchased used super recycler about 5 or 6 years ago and took a very good care of it, garage kept. Always started on the second pull, cut clean and worked like a charm. Moved to 3/4 acres 5 months ago and been using it to take care of blackberries and bushes. And although it is beat up now and blade is very very dull (already sharpened it 5 or 6 times) it's still runs strong. It'll be my property clean up mower and I bet it'll survive that also.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
I have the older Personal Pace and using it is like: A Walk in the Park.

+1

Used it again yesterday. I find it rolls very easy. When I am actually trimming I don't use the self propel part.
I trim around a 2.5 acre lot and find the self propel is a life saver going from across the lot getting to the trim areas.
I used to push across with the old lawn mover. And it does start with 1 pull . So far I am very happy with the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back