Torco SR-1 specs (partial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meets or Exceeds:API SL / ILSA GF-3 (applies to 5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30)

Copied by yours truly

_____________5W20________5W30________10W30
Appearence Amber_______Amber_______Amber
API Gravity__32.4_________34.9_______31.1
lbs/gal______7.188________7.08______17.246
@15.6/15.6C__0.8633______0.8504_____0.8702
Vis@ 100C____7.31________11.16_______12.27
Vis@ 40C____+40.88_______62.18_______82.64
Vis Index_____174_________144________144
Pour Point C__-20_________-37________-18
Flash Point C__232________227________238
TBN___________6.36________6.22_______6.86
CCS @-30C_____4666________1950_______6703(-25)
Zinc wt%_____+0.092_______0.102______0.094

SR-1 is a selective cross blend of highly advanced 100% synthetic base oils and proprietary additives aimed at power efficiency and engine protection. SR-1’s performance is not compromised by standardized additive technology or by our competitors’ price points, it is simply a purpose built, specialty formula designed to exceed the demands of high performance Japanese, European and US sports cars.

A combination of Generation-2 MPZ and low friction base oils reduce frictional losses to increase horsepower and torque by as much as 3%. A premium polymer and additive system controls viscosity for long term durability, maximum engine protection and eliminate engine deposits.

Torco SR-1 is the ultimate in high performance synthetic motor oil technology. No other synthetic motor oil meets the performance and protection benefits of SR-1. Features & Benefits:

100% Synthetic Formula
Generation-2 MPZ frictional loss technology
Increases horsepower & torque
Reduces operating temperatures
Advanced engine protection Typical Uses:
SAE 5W-20
Exceeds: API SL / ILSAC GF-3
Recommended for stock, tuned or modified street, light truck and sport vehicles where an SAE 5W-20 is specified. For Ford, Honda and any other vehicles that specifies an SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 grade. Provides exceptional engine efficiency and improved fuel economy compared to higher viscosity oils.

SAE 5W-30
Recommended for stock, tuned or modified street, light truck and sport vehicles where an SAE 5W-30 is specified. Provides exceptional cold temperature performance over conventional (petroleum) motor oils within the same viscosity grade.

SAE 10W-30
Recommended for stock, tuned or modified street, light truck and sport vehicles where an SAE 10W-30 is specified. Approved for turbo and super charged applications. Best all temperature viscosity grade. Acceptable for occasional extreme cold weather operation.

SAE 10W-40
Exceeds: API SL
Recommended for stock, tuned or modified street, light truck and sport vehicles where an SAE 10W-40 is specified. Approved for turbo, super charged or nitrous equipped applications.

SAE 20W-50
Exceeds: API SL
Recommended for stock, tuned or modified street, light truck and sport vehicles where an SAE 20W50 is specified. For engines operating under higher load or high temperature conditions. Approved for turbo, super charged or nitrous equipped applications.

[ November 13, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

Has anyone ever used Torco? Their website shows some interesting stuff...

I wonder what the MPZ is. Probably moly!! LOL

I wouldnt mind trying the SR-5!

I have been using Torco "racing" for many years. They just released their SR-1 "street" oil, as well as redoing their website.

Torco wrote me and said SR-1 is a GrouplV and V based oil (Torco does not call grouplll synthetic). It is less than $5 per quart DELIVERED!

Torco currently is being used (0W-20 in sons Ford Focus DOHC, and 5W-30 in 2 4.6L V8 Fords). Smooth, quiet, good performance, mpg.

Going to give the SR-1 a try next changes. The quality IMO is there. The price is right for a REAL synthetic.

BTW my 4.0 Aerostar will continue getting GC. It LOVES the stuff! LOL

Given Torco's racing heritage and large doses of moly I tend to believe their statement .

"SR-1’s performance is not compromised by standardized additive technology or by our competitors’ price points, it is simply a purpose built, specialty formula designed to exceed the demands of high performance ".

At least in print with that 5/20 having dang near a 10wt viscosity I'm thinking it's loaded up with barrier additives .Their talk of second generation MPZ makes me think modern oil soluable moly.Also, the 10/30 looks like a straight weight just about . It should be very vi stable but again alls on paper right now but at that price " 4.75 a litre and 3 bucks shipping for any size order " I think I'll place an order for a case of the 5/30 and see what it's about. I mean I doubt it will be subpare to Mobil and it's only money
wink.gif

[ November 27, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Twist your head a little and read these three words:

Moly
Phos
Zinc

This acronym was mentioned in another Torco thread by another member.

Generation2---bent over for API

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back