TORCO 5W-40 OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragboat,
Ha ha! That actually was funny. I look at the big picture and ultimately it all revolves around oil. Sometimes differnt threads pose good questions that are interelated to other topics. You have to admit, the Amsoil Zinc/Moly issue is interesting. I know Patman would agree.
wink.gif

But I'm glad to know Torco is a good oil. I wish we had more to choose from in my area? I can't even find Delvac!

[ December 29, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Buster you just have to be resourcefull.There are a number of great oils available where you live. They just come from seemingly odd sources,,you ought to give me a phone call sometime,,can give ya some tips on several right there in front of you begging to protect your motor at a decent price
cool.gif

Sure, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
cheers.gif
I'm sure I am just not looking in the right places. The tennis shoe thing was funny though....I laugh at myself sometimes.....can't hurt right?
grin.gif

[ December 29, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

This data is 2 years old so it may not apply

Torco MPZ Synthetic

P 1735
Zn 1578
Mo 626
Mg 445
Ca 884
B 11
TBN 4.83

Lots of P and Zn. The low initial TBN and average levels of Mg and Ca would warrant use of analysis before running it very far.

[ December 29, 2002, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: satterfi ]

Torco pretty well known down here through advertising in racing type magazines etc. Was an oil I was considering but it just never came up on the forum. That TBN looks a bit low to me, could it be an error??

Torco is afairly big name in two cycle oils. They actually make Yamaha 2R that is sold in Japan as well as yammys outboard oil sold in japan.

dragboat, Thanks for bringing Torco 5W-40 to the top. You did get some play! I am going to find some and send it off for analysis. I will post results when I get them. mikeyoilnutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back