Took the initial hook- Heber City Police called and said I missed a court date

If it's not a Medicare spoof, it's the IRS, or Social Security, or auto insurance and it goes on and on. At least three or four calls are no one. I think our number is auto dialed and the scammer is blowing smoke up another person's you know what. Forgot the "lets support our law enforcement" scam.

If it's not a Medicare spoof, it's the IRS, or Social Security, or auto insurance and it goes on and on. At least three or four calls are no one. I think our number is auto dialed and the scammer is blowing smoke up another person's you know what. Forgot the "lets support our law enforcement" scam.
A good buddy who just retired and lives alone was all nervous about "being retired" and insurance and social security etc.... He is well off and no debt but listens to too many people making him worry. So he gets one of THOSE Attention Medicare Enrollment envelopes. He calls them up and gives them all kind of info assuming he is talking to Medicare or US gov office. I told him later... THEY DO NOT CALL YOU. He ended up calling to check and learned he was not in fact talking to Medicare and though the man told him he was signing him up, the Medicare folks informed him
"sorry sir you been scammed and then they signed him up." So now we wait as he has no idea who these folks are he gave some private info to,
At least he did not give financial information. Don't know what he can do about it now.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Back