Took mom to her first NHRA event

There are A LOT of things which could make the cars quicker and faster. The NHRA doesn't want quicker and faster. They are constantly looking for ways to slow them down even more than they already are now. Teams are always looking for an edge (within the strict rules). If they find one, more restrictions will be imposed to keep the performance in check.

Took my mom to the Saturday qualifying at the NHRA finals in Pomona. This was her first time at an NHRA event after going to NASCAR, IndyCar, and dirt racing. She really enjoyed it!! We were walking around the pit area and she was blown away at the access fans have. She really wanted to see John Force, but was excited to at least get to see them building the engine in his car. She got her "nitro baptism" when we were walking behind Leah Pritchett's pit and they started the engine up. She was coughing and crying but thought it was pretty cool. The weather was perfect and we will definitely be back. Next race we are going to is the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Ventura Raceway on Thanksgiving night.

View attachment 18382

View attachment 18383
Congratulations, spending time with your parents is great, especially if you go to events together. It helps you bond and gives you a lot of common topics of conversation. Not long ago, my parents and I attended a concert dedicated to songs of the 80-90s. This concert was held in the open air, the stage and design, as far as I know, were engaged in https://www.outdoorstages.co.uk/. Everything was very cool and atmospheric! A large crowd of fans danced and had fun with the music. My parents are big fans of these songs and I enjoyed spending time with them there. I never even thought about how beautiful music was earlier, what a pity that the younger generation does not listen to this now.

Back