Tom Cruise P51

Great video.

Interestingly, I remember hearing that Cruise couldn't solo his Mustang for quite a while, presumably due to insurance and contractual reasons; the studios and others have a lot vested in him. Glad to see that is past, hope he enjoys the heck out of his airplanes!

Mary and I just saw the new Top Gun on IMAX... we were refunded half of our seat price because we only used the edge of it...

TopGun1.JPG

Hi.
I did not realise he flew jets too. It must be nice to be able to afford to buy and operate these aircraft. Having said that, he is very successful at his job and has made a ton of money. Good luck to the guy is what i say.

When interviewed he always comes across as very amiable. Does not seem to take himself too seriously and is very obliging. He did a very nice piece for the UK Formula 1 tv that preceded the Monaco Grand Prix. He is a very good driver too.

Some have criticised his religious beliefs, but they are his own business.

Mary and I just saw the new Top Gun on IMAX... we were refunded half of our seat price because we only used the edge of it...

View attachment 102354

My grandboys took me to see this movie yesterday:

"Grampi, you gotta see this movie." I asked if they would like to see it again and they said, "for sure."

It is a 'to see' movie.

Good story line, great flight action, good love story, and somewhat sad, but worth it.

I will go out on a limb and say it was better than the first Top Gun.

My grandboys took me to see this movie yesterday:

"Grampi, you gotta see this movie." I asked if they would like to see it again and they said, "for sure."

It is a 'to see' movie.

Good story line, great flight action, good love story, and somewhat sad, but worth it.

I will go out on a limb and say it was better than the first Top Gun.

Of course I saw it, but it's probably going to be available on Paramount Plus soon.

... Interestingly, I remember hearing that Cruise couldn't solo his Mustang for quite a while, presumably due to insurance and contractual reasons; the studios and others have a lot vested in him. ...
Not to mention that flying a P51 is like grabbing a tiger by the tail. It's a heavy, complex, high performance taildragger. It is not a forgiving airplane. Only about 1/3 of the losses during WW-II were from combat. Takes a lot of skill to fly, and different set of skills than flying jets. As a pilot, I respect anyone who flies vintage warbirds. They are not casual weekend pilots, but serious professionals.

Not to mention that flying a P51 is like grabbing a tiger by the tail. It's a heavy, complex, high performance taildragger. It is not a forgiving airplane. Only about 1/3 of the losses during WW-II were from combat. Takes a lot of skill to fly, and different set of skills than flying jets. As a pilot, I respect anyone who flies vintage warbirds. They are not casual weekend pilots, but serious professionals.
Yes, I have some T6 time, courtesy of a good friend who owns one and a P51. The Texan is truly unforgiving...maybe terrifying is a better word when stepping up from a Pa28:D

I've logged 2.2 hours in a dual control Mustang owned by the Collins Foundation... taking control of a P51 is an mind altering experience...

Back