Tokyo Roki (Filtech) synthetic media oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Honda and have used the Filtech -01 filter pretty consistently over the life of my auto. Never had a problem or seen many people have a problem with the filter. Does Filtech make a synthetic medium filter for extended drain oil changes?

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of. But as you may know Honda says their filter can go 2 changes (which in the case of my Civic are recommended @ 10,000 each) so unless you are planning something extreme the A01 should be fine.

You might find this interesting: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4683422/“Honda”_Oil_Filters_the_ROKI_f#Post4683422

Last edited:
Thanks! I had seen some information regarding Hamp filters. They appear very similar in design to the Filtech -01 filter. I have experience with the -01 filter and can get them cheaper, so I think I may stay with them. A 10,000 mile change interval is pretty long for a cellulose media filter. I don't doubt Honda has done their homework. I haven't seen filter problems with OEM Honda filters.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I’m pretty well convinced the “long” HAMP are exactly the A01 save for the markings. (also allegedly the A01”PE” is the same but does not have the tightening marks - I have not verified that though)

I have cut a number of the A01 and A02 with around 9,000-10,000 miles on them open and posted here, I would have ZERO issues running any of the Honda filters (and that includes the A02) that long, I’m a little more reluctant to run them longer, but Honda does appear to be OK with 20,000. With that in mind a HAMP for around 15,000 is next on deck.

Last edited:
Thanks! Looked your post up on the A01 filter dissection. Looks good to me.

I only drive 5-6K miles a year. I have 5 oil changes left of the old Exxon Superflo 5W-20 oil which was the old Honda dino. I don't do oil analysis but others have in the past and it seems to performed well for up to 8-9K miles or so.

My plan is to change the oil yearly with a filter change every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back