Toilets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any practical advice for making a toilet flush better? We rent, so we have whatever 60 dollar special the landlord installed. Also the building is old (1920's) so the plumbing isn't great.

I find that far too often, dropping a number 2 will stop it cold. This is even with a courtesy flush before getting some paper in there. After having to bust up some business twice in the last week with the plunger, I've had enough.

Talking to the landlord, well, they won't drop a penny unless they have to. All landlords are like that. So any advice would be awesome. If I have to spend $20, that's OK too.

Sounds like the job is too big for the task.

The Solution: Push-Pinch-Flush. Repeat.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Thats hillarious

How deep is the normal toilet in the US ?

See stuff in movies, and the water level is at a height that although splashback would be eliminated, there's no where near sufficient agitation to get it moving, particularly if you eat enough fiber.

Maybe practice some precision zero splash entries, that scoot down the S bend without additional direction.

More sphincter control - chop it up into smaller pieces.You might not be able to make raisins like a sheep,but chocolate golfballs might go down better.

Seriously, if your landlord isn't willing to do anything, then you're up the creek. I lived with el-cheapo commodes in my BRAND NEW house for 8 years until I replaced them. This contractor cheaped out on everything. I spit in the toilet and it would clog. I would hit the Fleet Farm every week or so and clean them out of plumbing snakes (the wife wouldn't use them again after they've been initiated).

I had my master plumber nephew install 4 new Toto toilets and haven't had any problems since. I feel for you, callouses on the hands should come from something other than plunger handles.

Good god, this thread.
smirk2.gif
......Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank the government and their "regulations" as to how much water a toilet can use per flush.

Now, they have us flushing two and three times at a minimum. So, where's the water savings in that?

Congratulations.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
One quick thing to try is to raise the float level.

Ah, advice from the old days!

In contrast to the past, it will help your toilet run (c)leaner.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

ROFLOL! I told my kids the SAME thing yesterday! These new homes only offer the cheapest and weakest flushing toilets on the face of the planet.

They embarassingly approach me: "Daddy, I blocked the toilet". LOL

In our old home we installed a "king commode". That thing was awesome! No pinching required! You could flush a leather jacket down that thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back