Today's Dinner: Croquettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can make them as patties or in any shape (donuts, triangles, quadrangles etc) you like. They are panfried in a mix of butter and grape seed oil. The ingredients are: yellow potatoes, eggs, ham, scallion, milk, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram. One could of course also, for example, put apples in the croquettes (and a shot of good vinegar).

I like them with lingonberries (cranberries shown -- they'll have to do, and I put on too much for that picture) or sour cream. Also good with sweet and sour red cabbage with apples.

croquettes_s.jpg

That bleeping son of a bleep. Compared to me, he is nice to people in the kitchen.

LOL.gif

I love his show Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares...........sounds like a semi backing up half the time......beep beep beep beep beep beep beep.

Why beep beep beep? Uncensored here. I watched him last night giving it to some American restaurnt owner who didn't have a clue. He sorted him out by the end though and the kitchen staff were rapt. Money rolled in as well.

At least you can say "[censored]" during prime time on TV. You must not post that word on BITOG at any time.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
It didn't catch them so well...

If I were evil, I'd quickly quoted your post.
48.gif

mori, I like croquettes. Most usually (i.e. almost never, but sometimes) they are made with left over corned beef or roast chicken.

Your ingredients list made me think of one of my less non-regular favourite dinners....bacon and potato cakes.

Mashed spud (not fully cooked before mashing), 1/2 to 2/3 that amount of flour, an egg or two (after the temps have dropped some), salt, pepper, herbage (depending on the direction that you want to push, Coriander, parsley, mint, basil...sage and thyme would prolly work), milk....make into a "scone" dough, and roll 3/4" thick. Cut with a 250g vegemite jar into "scones".

Cook the right amount of bacon. Not crispy/crunchy, but cooked.

Cook the "scones" in the bacon grease.

Serve with tomato sauce, or ketchup, or a tomato relish, or something. A warm salsa might be my next try.

A breakfast dish that I sometimes (more frequent than almost never) cook is grated potato, equal amount of flour, an egg, baking powder and milk.

Sort of a rosti/pancake cross...

Late breakfast, add grated apple to the potato, and a little cinnamon, sugar, and ACV.

My wife & I went to a restaurant in Nashville last year for lunch that had Hickory Smoked Salmon Croquettes as the special. Simply amazing how good they tasted.

Thanks for the reminder mori, gotta get my wife & I back there for such a delicious, and healthy lunch. Hope she has a coupon like she did last time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back