Titan brand synthetic fluids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a place that specializes in Jeep and Subaru (both high volume selling vehicles in Colorado). I am specifically looking at transmission and front/rear differential fluids.

I was talking with the service advisor and asked if they use OEM fluids and she said they use 'Titan Brand synthetic fluids (bulk)'.

A quick search didn't turn up much (one hit on google, but not much detail), so I thought I would check with the experts on BITOG to see if anyone had any details on this brand and if it was as good as Valvoline, OEM, Amsoil, Schaeffer's, etc.

I typically change the ATF/Diff fluids every 60K.

Thank you.

added link: http://www.siegeloil.com/products_titan.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming they're licensed, as they claim, they should be fine. Of course, trying to find a lot of information about them is a bit problematic, given that your link doesn't give real data sheets and search engines tend to confuse it with Fuchs Titan.
wink.gif

You are right, the search was a bit frustrating and very little info on their site.

I just talked with her and she is fine with me bringing my own products ... so, I will be switching over to Amsoil or Schaeffer's for the next change.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Assuming they're licensed, as they claim, they should be fine. Of course, trying to find a lot of information about them is a bit problematic, given that your link doesn't give real data sheets and search engines tend to confuse it with Fuchs Titan.
wink.gif

Titan is always Fuchs.
Fuchs is not necessarily Titan.
blush.gif

That also makes me wonder why there was no trade name complaint. They are pretty darned close, and this North American Titan stuff does have a Euro 5w-40, too, which simply adds to the confusion.

It is confusing.

Just found out, Titan is actually CAM2. Looked at the specs for CAM2 and the specs look good. It sounds like some of the dealers in the Colorado market also use Titan and with a 60K interval, I am not stressing the ATF, gear oil much, so I will likely just use that.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back