Tires for Silverado....265-70-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need input on tires for my '05 Silverado....Michelin?? Cooper?? Generals?? 265-70-17, What do you guys recommend??
Thanks
smile.gif

I put on the Bridgestone Revo 2 in that exact size (OE) this Fall, quite happy so far. Great dry traction, great wet traction. Very good snow performance. Ice is reasonable. Also much quieter than I expected given the aggressive looking tread, in fact no noise to speak of at all really. Great ride.

Originally Posted By: fireman32
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
2005's had 17" as optional wheels.

the 04's did as well, mine came with 265/70/r17 factory

And the person who asked the question has a 2005 model. Not sure where your 2004 factors into the original question.
21.gif

Back to the question at hand...

What I've used and had success with was Michelin LTX and the Cooper Discoverer A/T3.

The Michelin is more of an all-season tire, where as the A/T3 is a mild all-terrain tire. It has good manners, is quiet, and is good off-road, for the exception of sloppy mud.

I will likely see over 60,000 miles of real-world treadlife with my LTX's, based on what I've seen in 30,000 miles of use.

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
Toyo Open Country A/T2
are my favorites if you're looking for an all terrain.

Can't fault the GoodYear Wrangler HP tyres that are on the front of my Pathy. They are an All Weather marked up M&S.

Slightly different size but similar sized vehicle, probably a little lighter my Pathy.

They wear even and are quiet on Tarmac. Never used them off road . Miles better than the Bridgestone Duelers they replaced.

Probably going to change the set up so it have the same all round, looking at the General Grabber AT or the Michelin Latitude.

Have heard the Grabbers can be a bit noisy midlife, but they do look the part!

Ahem.....

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
2005's had 17" as optional wheels.

yessir, I have an 05 with those size tars!

Too big IMO, but they sure work well with a Michelin LTX MS2 on that aluminum wheel.

Mine have just shy of 50k miles and STILL almost 1/2 of the tread left!!!

Per mile they may be the cheapest tire available, and they do not lose performance as they wear down like many other brands.

Originally Posted By: BR549
Need input on tires for my '05 Silverado....Michelin?? Cooper?? Generals?? 265-70-17, What do you guys recommend??
Thanks
smile.gif

All Terrain or All Season? Off road use or daily driver?

I ran Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on my 05 Silverado in that exact size and really liked them although it did impact the MPG a bit( i.e. lowered it ). On my 07 Silverado( new style - GMT900 )I had that same tire size but ran Firestone Destination LE's and loved those. Both the original Revo and LE tires have been replaced with "2" versions but the new tires seem to be as good or even betetr than the original so I would recommend either.

FWIW with no real info to go on as to what you really need from a tire...

All Season:
Firestone Destination LE2
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza
General Grabber HTS
Michelin LTX M+S2

All Terrain:
Bridgestone Dueler REVO2
Bridgestone Dueler D695( almost the same thing as the Revo2 for less$$$ )
Firestone Destination A/T
General Grabber AT2
Yokohama Geolander AT/S

Yeah...more info should have been given
blush.gif
Truck is driven 90% of the time on the street with the other on gravel roads. It may come down to $$$, although this may one of those times when spending more up front....saves later down the road.

Given the additional information, can't hardly beat the Michelin LTX M/S2. If you prefer the all terrain type tread, don't overlook the Bridgestone Dueler APT series sold at Sears. They're a great variation on the Dueler line.

Toyo Open Country H/T. I ran my last set for 69k and they had maybe a few more k before hitting the tread wear bars. Smooth & quiet too.

Originally Posted By: BR549
Yeah...more info should have been given
blush.gif
Truck is driven 90% of the time on the street with the other on gravel roads. It may come down to $$$, although this may one of those times when spending more up front....saves later down the road.

No off roading so I would look at an all season and my 1st choice would be the Destinatiion LE2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back