tires for GX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I have an appointment to install the Pirellis I ordered. The decision time is closed.

That said, I also wanted at least H-rated, so the Generals would be off the list anyway.
Have a friend’s 16 RDX that is currently wearing a set of these. They replaced a set of the Plus II’s, which lasted under 40K and were sketchy towards the end.

Well that went differently than expected.

Got the tires on. More quickly than I'd like. Was in a rush because the waiting room was crowded and it was cold, so I went home and took it for a shakedown drive on Saturday to ensure pressures remained correct after a long drive (my old GTI leaked air from one wheel, but only above ~65mph...). Found a vibration at 66-68mph, not good. Decided I'd try to go back to DT to get them to fix it.

Came home, parked, checked pressures Sunday morning, cold. Pressure was good. Then on the RR I noticed the locking lug nut was sticking an inch out of the rest, hanging on by one or two threads. Eff me. Went to my local shop, where I should have gone in the first **** place and had them re-balance and reinstall. Two tires had been over 30 pounds of road force. Down to 24... will try again when the roads here are passable.

DT can fornicate themselves with a curling iron. At least the tires are nice.

Two tires had been over 30 pounds of road force. Down to 24... will try again when the roads here are passable.

DT can fornicate themselves with a curling iron. At least the tires are nice.
Somewhat of a known issue with Pirelli. 24 is definitely on the high side; I think Hunter said 26 lbs max for light-duty applications .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back