Tires for 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yoko Avid Ascend GT is the new model and if you can go by the TR test, they're advising it's the new wet traction king in Grand Touring tires and also "most softly sprung" using their verbiage...apparently meaning they're not Michelin/Continental firm but have a more cushioned feel and potential for reverberation than Conti or Michelin which are firm to the extent that they lock down road imperfections versus enveloping them in the same way that the Yokohama does. Given TR's description, I'd take the Yokohama but sometimes it's hard to get an idea how they'll perform on your vehicle if it's different than their test mule.

Thank you for the input, everyone. I am leaning towards the P7 A/S+ right now (had them on a 2009 Caddy DTS and was happy with them, and the OEM version is what came on my wife's Volvo), but will look a little more closely into the Continental TrueContact Tour, Hankook Kinergy, and the new Yokohama Avid Ascend GT before I buy. They all 4 seem like solid choices with a some variation in price and performance. As per usual, I'll let you know what I end up buying, but it may be a few months.

For something a little off the beaten path, I may consider the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport too.

Originally Posted by Ddub
Thank you for the input, everyone. I am leaning towards the P7 A/S+ right now (had them on a 2009 Caddy DTS and was happy with them, and the OEM version is what came on my wife's Volvo), but will look a little more closely into the Continental TrueContact Tour, Hankook Kinergy, and the new Yokohama Avid Ascend GT before I buy. They all 4 seem like solid choices with a some variation in price and performance. As per usual, I'll let you know what I end up buying, but it may be a few months.

For something a little off the beaten path, I may consider the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport too.

Wait for DT's Black Friday sale to see what will be on sale then
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by Ddub

Wait for DT's Black Friday sale to see what will be on sale then
thumbsup2.gif

That's should be almost perfect timing, so that may be my plan.

Also consider the Nokian Entyre 2.0. Usually Simple Tire has the best prices on them, and ask Discount Tire Direct if they will price match.

Excellent at resisting hydroplane and excellent dry road performance. Very durable construction. Sporty nature, No mushy driving response, or weak sidewalls.

Originally Posted by Voleak
Also consider the Nokian Entyre 2.0. Usually Simple Tire has the best prices on them, and ask Discount Tire Direct if they will price match.

Excellent at resisting hydroplane and excellent dry road performance. Very durable construction. Sporty nature, No mushy driving response, or weak sidewalls.

Thanks. Looks like a promising tire, and it looks like it has a killer treadwear warranty too as far as how they prorate. I'll definitely consider it.
https://www.consumerreports.org/tires/treadwear-warranty-extended-on-nokian-all-season-tire/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back