Tired of buying ink

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a used HPcolor laser5m about 13 years ago.

Thousands of color pictures later I am still on the original toner carts

If you just need color text or meh color photos just buy a cheap antique with full supplies

Last edited:
Originally Posted by das_peikko
What kind of ink cartridges to laser printers use?.

Laser printers print with lasers. Hence their name.

pew pew!
39.gif

An amusing thing about laser printers is that, while most people recommend them since they cost less per page than ink printers if you print a lot, they're also cheaper than ink printers if you don't print a lot since if ink printers aren't used on a regular basis they can clog up and then require lots of ink to clean, or may even not unclog at all.

Laser here also only way to go. I have a MFC brother that has been flawless. Even with the cheap aftermarket toner cartridges. It also prints on both side of the paper.
It can sit for months then print off a 300 page manual. The toner never drys out from sitting.
I hate reading documents off a screen when i am working on something so normally print the documents out on to 3 hole paper and bind them.

Last edited:
I'm jumping on the inkless bandwagon as well. I just mail ordered a Canon Imageclass WiFi MF232W Monochrome Laser Printer/Scanner/Copier last night through Walmart for $99. With my family's use, I can't keep up on our HP officejet 6600's ink use. I've been suffering with inkjets for over 20yrs!

I'll keep the HP for color needs and hopefully use the new laser printer for everything else. We'll see how it goes. I had intended to go with a Brother based on everyone's recommendations here, but the different model #s is completely overwhelming.

Last edited:
Just a quick update on the canon laser printer I mentioned above. It's awesome! Got it today. Plugged it onto my wireless router/cable modem combo and we're off and printing from the smart phones and laptops. Obviously I cant vouch for long term ownership, but so far, so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back