Tire suggestions for Camry hybrid

Costco has a great deal on snow tires right now. They're performance snow tires if that helps the cause with the other half. Bridgestone Blizzaks WS90 $418 installed after $150 off.

No matter what you do your mileage is about to crash hard with these lower temps.

I stuck Pirelli P4s on my wife's Prius, she ain't complainin'.

I was very happy with my Continental True Contact's in that size on my '15 Sonata. Of course never tried it in the snow though. I've since put those same tires on my aunt's '16 Avalon and '20 Ram ProMaster City. 80k mile tire.

I seem to be sticking with Continental too, got some PureContacts on the '70 Beetle and TerrainContacts on the Grand Cherokee.

0BACCA9B-6E1B-48F1-9754-DCF31C459B66.jpeg

I don't have a particular recommendation however, I'd like to say that this is a good example of a tire post where the OP has actually explained their criteria for a tire. Well done! (y)

Michelin Cross Climate 2 are all the rage now and have great reviews. Haven't noticed any MPG loss in the 2020 CRV Hybrid. I know you don't want Michelin's but they are worth looking into.
I installed these on my 2020 Camry Hybrid and my MPG went down about 15-20%. My car is really sensitive to almost anything in relation to fuel mileage.

Based on my experience with Prius, i would only pick an OE tire or Michelin Energy saver AS (if still available) if MPG was the primary concern.

Looks like OE is an FT140 Firestone

I think that was what it was, when I switched years ago. I was not happy with price/lifespan of Michelin Primacy and did RT43. Good sized drop, but I'm not going to go dig into records to find the exact number. ;)
For whatever reason, my OEM Michelin Primacy 215/65R17 99H tires are going to last 60k miles.

I have already decided to replace them with Michelin Defender 2 tires in two months.

80k mile warranty @ ~ $160/ea in my size. Excellent wet/dry performance. Very quiet. Eco focus.

Good luck supton !

For whatever reason, my OEM Michelin Primacy 215/65R17 99H tires are going to last 60k miles.
Nice! We had a set that did 30k to 4/32's. I was befuddled how such a good tire could last so little time, wound up taking past the bars to get 40k. Found the RT43's at that time, they were cheaper and wound up doing about 40k to the 4/32's mark--with vastly improved performance in the snow. Win all around as far as I was concerned.

Spoke with the wife this morning. She thinks she wants the Conti TruContact. So this week I'll shop around for a set of those. *cough* if she doesn't like them it's not my fault *cough* :)

Spoke with the wife this morning. She thinks she wants the Conti TruContact. So this week I'll shop around for a set of those. *cough* if she doesn't like them it's not my fault *cough* :)
I had a set of the Truecontact Tour’s last 70K with 3/32-4/32 remaining. Bad news is that the driver complained about non-existent snow traction at the 5/32” mark during a weekend trip up to the Sierras. Not sure if that is typical for all tires, but thought I’d share.

I had a set of the Truecontact Tour’s last 70K with 3/32-4/32 remaining. Bad news is that the driver complained about non-existent snow traction at the 5/32” mark during a weekend trip up to the Sierras. Not sure if that is typical for all tires, but thought I’d share.
Good to know, thanks. IMO that's ok, that's getting thin, and acceptable/normal, and IMO I'd like to have snows go on instead for the worst of winter anyhow.

Back