I've been on Google for hours and hours and hours looking up reviews. For every good review I see, I find one that states the product is horrible. I thought I'd ask the community for first hand experiences on brands, wear, price, etc.
2015 Toyota Camry. I'm hoping to stay $150 per tire or less. Places like Discount and Firestone seem pretty high so I'm narrowing it down to Walmart or local tire shops (never tried Tire Rack, but I'm open to it if you've had good experiences).
So far, I've been looking at:
Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S DT
Hankook Kinergy HT S735
Firestone All Season
Nexen N5000+
Goodyear reliant all season
Goodyear Assurance Outlast
BF Goodrich Advantage Control
Kumo Solus Ta51a

Any experience with these brands, either praises or regret? Any for brands I haven't mentioned? Of course, looking for long life, good warranty, and hopefully something will low rolling resistance/something that won't increase my mpg (if that's even really a thing, idk).
Thanks for all input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a perfect review on a tire is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Even the best of the best doesn't get a perfect score among reviews. There'll always be likes and dislikes.

I've been on Google for hours and hours and hours looking up reviews. For every good review I see, I find one that states the product is horrible. I thought I'd ask the community for first hand experiences on brands, wear, price, etc.
2015 Toyota Camry. I'm hoping to stay $150 per tire or less. Places like Discount and Firestone seem pretty high so I'm narrowing it down to Walmart or local tire shops (never tried Tire Rack, but I'm open to it if you've had good experiences).
So far, I've been looking at:
Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S DT
Hankook Kinergy HT S735
Firestone All Season
Nexen N5000+
Goodyear reliant all season
Goodyear Assurance Outlast
BF Goodrich Advantage Control
Kumo Solus Ta51a

Any experience with these brands, either praises or regret? Any for brands I haven't mentioned? Of course, looking for long life, good warranty, and hopefully something will low rolling resistance/something that won't increase my mpg (if that's even really a thing, idk).
Thanks for all input.

If you are shopping at Wal*Mart, consider the General Altimax RT45. I've been running those as well as the previous generation W*M only offering General Exclaim HPX. They seem to still be available in some sizes.

I easily get 60K + miles from them. The only complaint is they get noisy at the end of their life.

They are a decent touring tire.

You are not going to win any Autocross events with them. But looking at your list, I don't think you were looking to do that.

Size is probably 205/65r16 based on the type of tires listed in OP. Those are usually what show up for an LE trim. SE models have a 17 inch wheel but I forget the size on those. General RT45 would be my choice compared to others mentioned in OP.

Not in your size, but have had great service from Nexen A/T tires on the Wife's Armada, we're on our second set(first set lasted 75K).

Tiger paws on the Mazda5 were also good tires for us.

Everyone's going to have an opinion so I try to rely on objective comparisons and tests from Tyre Reviews (be aware of Europe only models), Tire Rack, Consumer Reports.

Figure out what's most important to your needs and decide based on that. I honestly think any decent tire has more than enough traction so I try to focus more on NVH since that is something you have to live with every day.

Last edited:
The way I see this is the more expensive the tire, the less likely there will be a problem.

So I think the question becomes: How much risk are you willing to take compared to how much money you want to spend?

But the starting point is deciding what performance parameters are important to you. Recognizing that tires are a compromise, and you can't have everything is the key.

Might try Les Schwab, a few tires under $150 for your car great warranty, bought tires for three of our vehicles with no complaints. ;)

Missing information for me.
1) size
2) location (snow/winter)
3) Usage - local, daily driver, highway commute, longer trips.

I have used Costco, Sam's, Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct (now Tire Rack), local shop on Tire Rack recommended installer list. The downside to Tire Rack is that you still need to pay for install so add $25-30 per tire.

I got my son's TrueContact Tour from local shop on sale using Conti Credit Card so got $220 back. They were only about $5 more per tire than TR including install and supports local business that I go to often for flat repairs etc.

If you have a Discount Tire around most have good service if you have issues.

I prefer good wet grip and quiet for my vehicles. Dry is often easier to compensate and I'm not pushing limits in my vehicles. Winter I run full winter sets so not part of my normal equation.

My Accord is on Pirelli P7 AS+2 and when they wear might go to the AS3. Son is on Continental TrueContact Tour, Daughter is on Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS+2, Wife is on MIchelin Defender LTX M/S. Different purpose vehicles but all good in wet, quiet, balanced easily.

Co-worker with an Elantra her shop wanted to charge her over $500 for 3 Starfire Solarus. The RT45's in her size were $520 for all 4. She hasn't bought yet but snow/ice is a concern so I recommended 3PMSF and regular all-season depending how much she wants spend.

From BJ's/Costco
Michelin CrossClimate 2 (3PMSF)
Bridgestone WeatherPeak (3PMSF)
Michelin Defender 2 (all season)

From local place-
Continental True Contact Tour (all season)
Nokian Remedy WRG5 (3PMSF)
General Altimax RT45 (all season)
General Altimax 365AW (3PMSF)

Last edited:
Wow, there are tons of good choices under $150.

Oddball...I would look hard at this one. I have used Milestar for offroad tires, and they are amazing.

like the tread and warranty on this one

you have to get these...they say OIL (710) on them!!!

Back