I am really liking the Toyo Extensa A/S II tires, they are around the $100-120 range, have a 75,000 mile tread warranty.

Might want to check into them.

Wow, there are tons of good choices under $150. ...

you have to get these...they say OIL (710) on them!!!
I have a set of those on an 07 Accord, just shy of a year now. All good. Price was right from Discount Tire too.

As for topic, while I'd check tires and prices at WM, in my experience with DT they will match any documentable/documented price. That would be route I'd take.

If you have a Sam's Club Membership, you cannot go wrong with the Pirelli P4 A/S Plus Persist tire at this price point. Add in the $100 instant discount, and it will just about offset the $20/tire mounting, balancing & road hazard fee and the Sam's Club Promotional Membership which is currently $25.

1717112274677.jpg

Last edited:
The General Altimax RT45 is an excellent tire. Just put a set on daughters car last week. Have had very good experiences with the Altimax. They go a long way and do good in poor weather also.

If you don't care about winter abilities, then you can get some pretty good all-season tires for not much money from the 2nd tier brands.
For me, wet traction and reasonable noise is about the only criteria I consider for all seasons, because I run winters.
Something like BFGOODRICH ADVANTAGE CONTROL is a good compromise of price and quality IMO.

Sorry for the missing information. Tire size is 15/55/17. Winter isn't really a concern where I live. Car is a daily driver, looking for something that will last and promote good gas mileage. The tires I have on it right now are Firestone Fuel Fighters and they've lasted forever and my mpg is great but they're outside my budget right now

Lots of info missing.
Even if we can find tire size (I found the oem sizes)
we also need to know his location to know how important winter traction is for example.
or if he lives in a desert... wet traction isn't a priority...
Oklahoma. We get winter now and then but it isn't bad

If you are shopping at Wal*Mart, consider the General Altimax RT45. I've been running those as well as the previous generation W*M only offering General Exclaim HPX. They seem to still be available in some sizes.

I easily get 60K + miles from them. The only complaint is they get noisy at the end of their life.

They are a decent touring tire.

You are not going to win any Autocross events with them. But looking at your list, I don't think you were looking to do that.
Thanks! I'll check those out. And no, I drive like a grandma 👍

Sorry for the missing information. Tire size is 15/55/17. Winter isn't really a concern where I live. Car is a daily driver, looking for something that will last and promote good gas mileage. The tires I have on it right now are Firestone Fuel Fighters and they've lasted forever and my mpg is great but they're outside my budget right now

now that is one skinny tire!

ok...kidding aside

I have these as my summer tires on my Colorado. They are impressive for the price. Dry and wet traction far exceeds the OEM GY Wranglers that came on it. FAR. I do not have snow experience with them, but you said that is not a concern. For the $$$ hard to beat. They also improved my MPG by 1-2. I average ~21.5 on my daily work commute now.

I still get a good feeling about these...NICE warranty

This tire checks your boxes, including low RR.

Thanks! I'll check those out. And no, I drive like a grandma 👍
The Exclaim HPX is less costly and comparable to the previous generation General Tire RT43. If your size is available in the Exclaim HPX, you can probably get those for about $30-40 less per tire compared to the RT45.

The General Altimax RT45 is an excellent tire. Just put a set on daughters car last week. Have had very good experiences with the Altimax. They go a long way and do good in poor weather also.

Another vote for Altimax. Put a set on my sons Sentra, and they were very nice.

Tire Rack is great for their reviews. You don't necessarily have to buy from them, but they have fair prices. I bought the General's from Simple Tire. They shipped the tires to a local install shop, and we saved a bunch of money.

If you have a Sam's Club Membership, you cannot go wrong with the Pirelli P4 A/S Plus Persist tire at this price point. Add in the $100 instant discount, and it will just about offset the $20/tire mounting, balancing & road hazard fee and the Sam's Club Promotional Membership which is currently $25.

View attachment 222192
Wow, thanks for the heads-up! I don't have a Sam's membership but for 25 bucks, I can surely get one.

Back