Tire Shine Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have purchased the least expensive spary on tire shine. Formally I used the foaming type but recently purchased a non foaming that provides the right amount of shine. I noticed when reading the ingredient label however that it contains acetone. I assume that is the carrying agent but having used acetone in my workshop I know the stuff is very drying. Is this it a problem spraying a tire shine containing acetone on rubber tires?

I wouldn't use it. I like Stoners More Shine which is readily available. Duragloss.com has some very good ones also for a reasonable price.

I generally avoid most tire shine products. I think tires look best "clean and dry" anyway, but I will use some from time to time. When I do, I use the Michelin product. I'm as confident in that than anything else, mostly because Michelin recommends it for their tires. The assurance I get from that is it's extremely unlikely that it'll damage the tires. If Goodyear or Cooper or Bridgestone marketed a tire shine, I'd be good with using any of those as well.

303 works good for the dark low gloss look. It 100% doesnt damage tires.

I occasionally use "No Shine" which cleans and leaves a satin look instead of the wet glossy look. It is a foam spray.

I personally do not like the look of the tire shine products on tires. It looks fake having the side of the tire all shiny and the tread of the tire looking dull.

I like to use Westley's Bleche-Wite which is a tire cleaner. This product will make a tire in good condition that is very dirty looking actually look clean and close to like new rubber. Sometimes it takes two or three applications of the product to get the tires really clean looking, but this stuff works and it is cheap. A tire in good condition with 50% tread life left cleaned with Westley's looks great because it will look close to like new (except for the tread wear). To me this looks best.

Anything water based is fine. Wont have strong durability like you will with a silicone based but it is much safer on the rubber

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I occasionally use "No Shine" which cleans and leaves a satin look instead of the wet glossy look. It is a foam spray.

Oops - I should have said "No Touch" - I guess because it doesn't leave a shine, I got it wrong... my bad - don't know what I was thinking, err or should I say I wasn't thinking - no excuse. No Touch - spray on and walk away.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I wouldn't use it. I like Stoners More Shine which is readily available. Duragloss.com has some very good ones also for a reasonable price.

The Stoners is by far the best tire dressing I've ever used...

Optimum Opti-Bond is hands down, the best I have used so far.

I did just buy a bottle of Chemical Guys G6 Hyper Coat, which is showing promising results on external trim.

The best tire dressing is determined by what the owner like best! Once applied, some last longer than others but, none last as long as I would like. If you like a greasy/wet looking tire, there are plenty of products for that!

I have used many tire care products and, personaly I don't like the tire to look too greasy/shiny. But, I do like the look of a tire that is "DARKER BLACK" but clean & dryer looking, due to a tire care product.

I usually dilute my tire care products by wetting my applicators, as to cut down on the shine of a tire just treated.

Also, I use one product for all(tires, interiors, moldings, rubber etc.) In other words, I don't buy several products for each surface as the products are marketed. I just use one(which ever I buy on sale, no brand in particular).

Although I must say, for interiors I actually like leather cleaner/conditioner even for my vehicles w/o leather. I like it better on the dash, consol, door panels etc. It gives me the look that I like for my interiors(the whole interior!)

So, I guess that I use 2 products!
smile.gif
...But, I'll often use the tire care product elsewhere on the vehicle(wheel wells, mud guards, under hood).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back